11

*flashback*

It was pouring yet again. As each drop of cold water violently hit the rock hard ground, a piece of my heart died. I couldn’t tell if i was sobbing or not, all i remember was that you could hear noises of the rain pouring, and some quiet hiccups. Maybe there were tears in my eyes, but there was no way to tell, was there?

It was one of those days were Jungkook and i were fighting again. Of course he wasn’t here for my shield and protection. Have i been relying on him too much? I feel like i ask from him a lot- he let me borrow his notes, homework, protected me from bullies, was there as a friend, my only true friend. He was one of the popular guys in school, why was he even friends with a lowlife like me, who is always depressed? Our fights never lasted long, and they were usually jokes. But this time i actually felt alone, scared, miserable.

I dragged my soaked body into the wooden door of my house. The smell of warm kimbap filled the void. It had to be a special occasion; my mom would never make kimbap unless it was one of our birthdays, or my grandmother’s death anniversary. It was today after all.

“I’m home!” i announced as i put my worn out shoes in the right place before dragging my wet body into my room. We were going to move out soon, me and eomma. Maybe my life won’t be so miserable anymore with my dad out of the picture. What happened to him?

“Wash up and come sit here. You know the rest.” She shouted back. She was a strict mother, no denying in that, but she loved me. A lot of people loved me, so why was i even crying? I was happy, right? Happy with my life?

I did as she said. I dressed up in something presentable, or the only presentable hanbok that i had. I sat down next to my eomma on the floor and we started off with some prayers.

“Your granddaughter that you love so dearly eomoni, is 14 and in her first year of high school now. You can count on her eomoni. I couldn’t make your wish come true, but she will forgive me eomoni.” She said sadly. I bowed my head down until it touched the floor. I never got to meet my halmeoni; she perished before i was born. But with the stories i heard over the years, i wished i had known her.  

I sat up from my seat and picked up a kimbap to take it to my room. The homework load increased all of a sudden and there was more pressure in school now. I had tests all week this weeks. I could just die. I missed him today. I needed him to help me study but moreover i needed him by my side. I couldn’t go a day without missing him. In the future, will i be able to survive without him?

*end of flashback*

I laid there on my bed lost in thoughts yet again. I needed to see him everyday for me to be able to function. Without him I’m just pieces of wood that need to be made into a table, he is the nuts and bolts that keep me together. A very important piece of my life that i cannot live without. He wasn’t joking about moving.

*flashback*

I laughed as soon as those words left his mouth. “Very funny. You almost got me there. You have gotten good at acting, you might as well make a debut.” i chuckled, however, his facial expression didn’t change. He was either serious, or just suddenly a great actor. Who am i kidding, he cannot act, especially around me!

“No…” It was a long pause. He looked up and me and nodded. Did i just hear my heart skip a beat. I was hurt. I couldn’t believe my ears. He was going to leave.

“Uh ok, I’m gonna go. I suddenly forgot that i have something to do-” I started to say while grabbing my purse but he interrupted me.

“You don’t have anything to do at home. I know you don’t want to deal with this right now, but it wasn’t my choice. It is either leave or quit the job. I haven’t even told my mother about this yet, so please, it’ll be easier with at least one person siding with me.” He said. He was right. His mom would be devastated, but eventually she’d be fine with it. But, i needed time.

“I need some time to process this.” before he could say anything further, i grabbed my bag and already was heading for the door.

*end of flashback*

Jungkook POV:

You have no idea how much it hurt just to let that out to her out of all people. My mom would understand but it was her I was worried about. She didn’t take it as good as i thought she would. It hurt more knowing that i hurt her first, but this company was our dream. Its ok to follow your dreams right, even if it means hurting your precious ones? Why do i not feel ok? We’ll get through it eventually I’m positive, but is it worth it?

~

Hey guys! Sorry for this filler this filler chapter and for not updating in a while. May was a busy month because it was the end of the school year and I had bunch of meetings to attend. I might update slower again because June is supposed to be busy too. But don't worry, the drama is coming soon! Look forward to the next chapter!

6~2~19