Why Do You Have to Go?

Alex and Tobin have two children, Jacob and Audrey. The twins just turned 4 years old. And oh, did I mention it's 2021? I guess I forgot the part. Hehe.....
Well anyways, Alex and Tobin are still on the USWNT if you could believe it. They won gold in the 2016 Olympics, the 2019 World Cup, and the 2020 gold medal. It's a little unrealistic I know, but the team just got stronger and stronger.
Today, the couple will be leaving for training and a game in Texas. The twins will stay with Pam and Mike in Diamond Bar.
"Mama I don't want you to go!" Audrey says to Tobin.
"Yea you guys leave all the time." Jacob adds on.
"I know guys, but we'll be back soon. I promise." Tobin says hopefully to the small kids.
Both kids look down disappointed.
Alex enters the room with her bags and says: "Hey why the sad faces." While messing up Jacobs' hair.
"Mommy you can't leave!" Audrey says clinging to the forward's leg.
"Aww I know baby, but we have to."
"Why?!" Jacob says grabbing her arm.
"Well it's our job. We'll be back before you know it. You'll have so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa."
"But I want you." Audrey says starting to cry.
"Audrey don't cry," Alex says picking up her daughter. Audrey rests snuggles her head into Alex's neck.
Tobin walks over and picks up Jacob.
"Listen I know it's been hard in you guys, but after this, we have a break and we can do whatever you want."
"Really?!" Jacob says excitedly.
"Yep. Anything." Tobin says smiling at the little boy.
"Can we go to the moon?" Jacob asks.
"Well maybe not there." Alex says chuckling. "But anywhere else we could go." She adds on.
"Where do you want to go, Audrey?" Tobin says moving the hair out of the blonde girl's face.
"I wanna go to Disneyland," Audrey says lifting her head.
"I think that's a great idea baby," Tobin replies.
This was a clever technique Alex and Tobin used with their kids often. Ya know, to start to talk to them about fun things so it can get their minds of off their parents leaving. The twins still didn't catch on.
The family then had to untangle themselves from each other and Tobin and Alex left for the airport. When the pair gets back, the whole family will go to Disneyland.