Sickness

Today, Alex is sick. Really sick. Like sour throat, runny nose, fever, and "I can't get out of bed sick". Alex Morgan was finally defeated--by the flu. Alex's wife, Tobin has been taking care of her the past few days. Well, both of them have been taking care of each other. See, Tobin had ankle surgery just about a month ago, so Alex has been taking her physical therapy and helping her get around. But today Alex can't do that--she's not feeling well. So, Tobin on her crutches hobbles around getting Alex tissues, soup and medicine.

"Thank you Toby." Alex says sitting up while taking the full glass of water from her wife.

Tobin sets her crutches down and sits on the bed saying "No problem."

"You really don't have to do this. My mom can come help, you're supposed to be resting your leg."

"No way does your mom need to be here. I got this. I literally promised in my vows, through sickness and through health. And that's what I'm going to do."

Alex smiles as she puts her glass on the bedside table, and sneezes.

"Bless you." Tobin grins. Tobin thought Alex's sneeze was the cutest sound ever, besides her laugh.

"Thanks." Alex says taking a tissue.

Tobin gets up and says "How 'bout you lay back down and get some rest."

"Only if you rest too. Doctor's orders.." Alex says.

Tobin looks down at Alex. "I'm supposed to take care of you too." Alex says taking the covers off so Tobin could get in bed next to her.

"Fine." Tobin says jumping on one leg to the other side of the bed where she sits down next to Alex.

"Cuddle time." Alex says.

Alex wraps her arms around Tobin's torso, while Tobin wraps her arms around Alex's shoulder.

The two stayed like this for hours. And hours and hours. Until the next day actually. But that's normal, falling asleep in each others arms.