Chapter Five

• Dedicated to my girlfriend <3

I woke up with a smile on my face. It was seven in he morning. I turned over to find Leonie, whom was still sleeping soundly. I got up and went downstairs. I turned the television on and my cat, Spooky, hopped on the bed. I stroked her black fur as she purred happily. I turned the television on and just looked at the news. Oh yeah, there's suppose to be a blizzard later today. The news reporter spoke about a bunch of other things that was just pointless.

Finally, he said it'd begin snowing heavily at noonish. I should probably grab us breakfast now before the roads are bad. I began putting on a pair of my fuzzy pajama pants. It was pink with blue leopard print on it. It was so warm. I also put on my coat and boots, then grabbed my car keys. Right before I walked out the door I heard a sleepy voice call out softly. "Cassie?"

I turned around find Leonie at the bottom of the steps. She rubbed her eye and yawned. She looked way too adorable. Then I realized she wasn't wearing pants, and I don't even think she noticed. "Where are you going?" She asked in a cute, sleepy voice.

"I was just going to grab us some breakfast. Want to come?" I said, smiling. I couldn't help but glance down and examine her body. I looked up at her and she saw me looking. She them, looked down and realized she didn't have pants on and blushed immensely.

"I'm so sorry!" She ran upstairs as fast as she could and I just laughed.

"Just change into something comfortable. I'll take you out today before the blizzard hits,okay?" I called out.

"Oooo, a blizzard?" She called from upstairs. She finally came back down, wearing the same pajamas she wore last night. She put on her coat and zipped it up.

"Yes, a blizzard," I chuckled. "We can go outside during it if you'd like?"

Leonie nodded eagerly.

"When we get back we will. Hopefully we get back before the roads are bad," I gave her a big smile, then grabbed her hand. "Let's go." We walked out he door.

We got into my car and drove to the cities. Minneapolis, Minnesota to be more specific. I asked Le where she wanted to go and she shrugged.

"IHOP, Country Kitchen, Applebee's, anything?" I asked.

"I don't even know what those places are," she laughed. I just smiled and chuckled.

"Well, I guess I'll pick then." We drove for about and hour and a half. Leonie, of course, fell asleep. I turned down the radio a bit so it doesn't wake her up. We were listening to Paramore's song Only Exception, which made me feel like I was going to fall asleep.

We finally arrived there. I shook Leonie and whispered, "Hey, Le, wake up." She opened her eyes, blinked a couple times, and looked at me. "We're here," I said.

We got out of the car and began walking toward the big blue and white building with a blue sign that said iHop in white letters. I grabbed Le's hand as we walked in. I held her hand, standing there, waiting for someone that worked here to approach us. Then, someone finally did.

"Hello, table for two?" the waiter asked. She flipped her brown hair as she looked at both of us closely. She noticed we were holding hands. "Are you two a couple?"

Le looked at me and I looked at her. I smiled and confindently and firmly said, "Yes, and I love my girlfriend." The waiter smiled at us.

"Cute. I always thought gay couples were adorable. Right this way, please," she motioned us to follow her. She sat us down at a booth and gave us some menus. "Our special today is a meal for two. Which includes two flapjacks, or pancakes, and a side of bacon and eggs."

"Okay, thank you." I said and smiled. Le and I ordered two glasses of water when she asked what we wanted to drink. She walked away and told us she'd be right back.