Chapter Ten

"Babe," I said.

"Hmm?" She asked, looking at the stars.

"Look at me, please." I helped her sit up. She looked at me with a concerned face.

"What's wrong?" She asked, a hint of worry in her eyes, the moonlight shined in her eyes. She was so beautiful.

"You are the most perfect girl in the world. I love you more than anything. I am so glad you are here because these past days have been the best days of my entire life, and I mean it. You're my girlfriend and you're mine. No one else's." I took her hand and placed it in my lap. I cupped it, keeping it warm. I looked deeply into her eyes, letting my eyes switch to each eye. Seeing the beautiful brown eyes she had, as the moon' slight reflected off them. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Inside and out. I want to be the one to be able to touch your heart, not just your body. I want to be the girl who kisses you every morning and kisses you every night. I want to be able to sleep next to you and wake up to you in the morning. I want to be able to call you mine for the rest of my life. You are her most beautiful girl I have ever met and seen, inside and out. Your perfect brown, warm eyes, perfect long brown hair, perfect teeth to go with that perfect smile, perfect body, perfect laugh, perfect everything.... Perfect heart. You are perfect. Everything about you is perfect. Your personality is perfect, you appearance is perfect, and your heart, soul,many mind is perfect. What's more perfect? You're mine. You're my girl. You're my girlfriend. You're my world. You're my everything. You're my heart and soul. Without you, I would have nothing. I would be nothing. Leonie," I said her full name, "I freaking love you. More than anything or anyone in the world. I literally could not tell you how much I loved you no matter how hard I tried. Go ahead, count all the stars in the sky, all the water droplets in the world, and think of me saying, 'I love you,' each one you count. If anyone thinks they love you more than I do, they don't. I'd do anything for the love of my life, for my girlfriend, for you. Because I love you."

I looked her in the eyes and kissed her passionately. As passionately as I could, interlocking our lips, pressing my lips against hers. I put my hand on her neck and depend the kiss. I finally broke the kiss and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too," she said smiling. I looked into her eyes. I could see the happiness that sparkled in them. I smiled at her and giggled. I put my index finger and thumb in my mouth and whistled as loud as I could.mi knew that it probably deafened her ear, because I deafened my own.

"Sorry," I said. She forgave me.

"What was the whistle f-" the loud BOOM! in the sky cut her off. Fireworks sparkled in the sky. Their colors splashed across the night. I grabbed Leonie's waist and pulled her closer to me. Our bodies touched. I put my arm around her and she rested her head on my shoulder. I took my other free hand and held hers. I gently kissed the top of her head and rested my head on her head. The colors--in order--flashed red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Symbolizing the rainbow flag for gays. One of the fireworks formed a heart, then an equality sign. I didn't think it were possible. I don't even remember putting that firework in there. I assumed Kaitlyn and Alaina put it in there. Thanks, girls.

A song echoed loudly across the lake. I didn't plan this either. I really had to thank them. The song was Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran. I don't know how they knew that song, but oh well.

I sang along to the verses and chorus and on the last chorus I kissed her, but just a peck. I got off the bench and ducked to look under the bench. I pulled out the box I had taped under it. I dropped on one knee and looked at Leonie. I opened the box, revealing a diamond ring.

"Leonie..." I said her full name, "Will you marry me?" Leonie covered her mouth. Her eyes looked watery. "If you say no I swear I'm going to die." I said, laughing. I felt tears coming to my eyes as well. She was speechless. She nodded and hugged me tightly. I began to cry tears of joy. I sniffled. "I love you so much." You could tell I was crying from the tone of my voice.

"I love you too," of course, she was crying as well. She hugged me tightly and finally broke free. She immediately grabbed me by my cheeks and kissed me. Once, twice, three times, all pecks on the lips. She laughed, her eyes still watery, "I love you so much."

I forgot that she was only staying for the week. I looked at her, whipping my tears, as well as hers, away. "Leonie?" I asked.

She sniffled, "Yeah?"

"I don't want you to go. Please stay," I said. My smile was gone and I looked into her eyes. She smiled at me.

"Of course I'll stay." She hugged me again and I let out a sigh of relief. I broke the hug and kissed her. Passionately this time, I heard yelling in the distance.

"Wooo!"

"Congratulations!"

"Get a room!" Kaitlyn and Alaina were still watching.

I screamed loudly across the lake. "Go home!" I heard them laughing, but it was faint. I smiled and kissed Leonie again.

----AT HOME----

Leonie and I cuddled on the couch. I poked at the ring on her finger. "I can't believe we're engaged." I said.

"It's unbelievable, isn't it?" She smiled, looking at the ring. "But what about your parents? Especially your mom?"

"I don't care what she says. You're mine. She isn't going to take you away from me." I kissed her cheek and slowly fell asleep on the couch.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too."