Chapter Eight

[RECAP FOR WHAT HAPPENED IN CHAPTER SEVEN FOR PEOPLE THAT DIDNT READ IT: The two girls pretty much "had fun" upstairs in bed. That's it.]

I suddenly heard a door slam in the house.

"Who the hell?" I whispered. Leonie gave me a worried look. I suddenly felt defensive. I quickly slipped back on my clothes. Le did the same. She grabbed me by the waist and kissed me.

"Just in case." She said, giving me another worried look.

"Babe, you've got nothing to worry about. No ones getting hurt, okay?" I grabbed her cheeks and looked deeply into her eyes. I pecked her lips and grabbed her hand.

"Let's go see who it is," I said tugging her. As I walked out the door I immediately stopped. Someone stood in front if me with a very familiar face and I knew who it was.

"What is she doing here?"

My mom stood before me. Her arms crossed and an angry look on her face. My mother isn't find of gays AT ALL. It's just horrible on her hatred for them. When I had told her she yelled and screamed at me, tears flowing down her face. She didn't want me to be gay at all.

"She's visiting, Mom. What are you doing here?" I asked, with a defensive voice in my tone. I pushed Le behind me a little more, even though my mom wouldn't do much damage. She's only 4'11, not too tall, right?

She didn't respond. "I said what are you doing here?" I repeated firmly.

"I was just looking," she responded. Her eyes trying to peak into my room. Her eyes widened. "Did you guys have sex?!" She yelled at me.

"Mom!" I screamed back.

"Answer me!"

"Yes! But that is none of your business!"

"You disgust me." She said. She walked away with anger in her eyes. How could she tell that we did? She's a mom, that's how. I don't even know why she's here. Did she know Leonie was going to be here? I don't even know.

The words hit me. I'm her daughter. How could she say that? "Get out of my house." I tried to hold back the tears. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, but I couldn't. As soon as I heard the front door slam shut, I fell on the floor on my knees. I started crying.

"Why?" I sobbed. "Why me? Why did this have to happen to me? I can't help that I'm gay. I can't help who I am." I just sat down and hugged my knees. I felt the tears flow down my cheeks and hit knees. My knees felt wet, but I didn't care. I just cried. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Cassie," Le spoke on a soft voice, "Are you okay?" Hearing those words made me cry more. "Babe, please don't cry." She sat behind me with her legs somewhat wrapped around me. I felt her arms wrap around my stomach. She rested her head on my back and pulled me closer to her. "Please," her voice began to sound weak. Like she was about to cry too, "Don't cry." I heard Le's voice. I stopped sobbing but I still felt some tears streaming down my face. I sat up and turned around. I wrapped my legs around her and my arms around her neck. Before I pulled her in to hug her, I saw a glimpse of her eyes--which was watery. I saw a tear roll down her cheek.

"Babe don't," I said, my voice as weak as hers. "Don't cry."

"I can't help it. When you're sad I'm sad, remember? But I'm here now." She gently pushed me away and wiped her tears in front of me. "I want to make you happy. I can and will make you happy. Now that I'm finally here." She wiped the tears from my face and wiped her hands on her shirt. "Look at me." She grabbed me by my cheeks and caught my attention instantly. I looked into her eyes. "I love you. If there's anything I can do, you let me know. I know your mom is your mom, but she'll come around at some point. She has to. You're her daughter and she loves you," she paused for a moment, trying to read some sort of emotion on my face, but couldn't get anything. "Alright?" she asked. I didn't respond. Another tear rolled down my cheer and her warm thumb brushed it away once again.