twenty

one week, it'd been, since the funeral and harry and louis' minor makeup. also, that one week had been the final week of the group's holidays. university began monday and harry was nervous. his hair was a mess, although louis said it looked gorgeous, and he had bags under his tired eyes. 

however, driving to the college was the worst part. as the five boys neared, harry could see that the building was tall, daunting and packed with students. of course, he'd spent plenty of time at school over the years, but uni was a very large difference.

"you good?" louis placed a hand on the small of harry's back, his voice a mere whisper in the busy street.

"i think so," harry said back, bending down slightly to make himself appear shorter than his boyfriend.

"why do you always shrink away like that?"

"it looks better when you're taller," harry smiled, "i like feeling as if you protect me."

louis copied his expression, "i'll protect you no matter how short i am, babe."

"well that's lucky," harry snickered.

"excuse you!" the older boy turned so he was facing his partner, "i am five foot nine i'll have you know."

"oh i already knew that, lou," he replied, eyes rolling over dramatically. 

they strolled, hand in hand, into the big place of work, niall, liam and zayn following close behind. people shot the lads glances, possibly wondering if they would let people into their little clique, and harry giggled when he saw a girl that was totally checking niall out. he pointed her out to his friend who showed minimal interest. harry knew that later on, if he crossed paths with the chick, he'd send her a cheesy pick up line or four. niall did often complain about his singleness, after all. 

the group found a semi-secluded spot by a pair of trees, and brought up their timetables on their phones. harry had been anxious to find out if he'd have any classes or lectures with the lads. a pleasant surprise awaited them. harry found out that he'd have history with liam and spanish with niall. they weren't sure why they decided on a language to study, but the two boys had enjoyed it at high school. louis and zayn had music and art classes together. the curly boy was just the slightest bit jealous.

"oh my gosh, haz!" niall leapt about seven feet in the air, "i'm so happy."

"me too, nialler," harry grinned, looking around at the campus surrounding them.

louis seemed to be doing the same thing, "so this is gonna be home for the next few years boys." the lads nodded eagerly.

"yeah," liam breathed, "we better get settled in then. niall, see any hot girls?"

niall grimaced, but looked flushed nonetheless, "never."

"sure," the brown eyed boy rolled his eyes, "what about you zayn? any women- or men for that matter- taken your fancy?"

and if niall had been blushing, zayn became as red as a tomato. his hands clasped together anxiously and his gaze turned firmly to the ground. liam smirked as louis raised his eyebrows in harry's direction, 'what is his deal?' louis mouthed. his boyfriend shrugged and giggled.

-

the first day was majorly uneventful. it was one of those orienteering, introductory days where everyone meets everyone and there's no classes. by the end, harry was practically itching to get home and lie on his bed. preferably with louis at his side. 

when the bell rang he practically bolted towards the canteen. the five boys had agreed to meet there after school as it was central and they knew they wouldn't get lost. especially not niall. he'd already marked it off as his favourite spot. one could say that niall loved food.

"phew!" louis sighed, slumping down in a seat next to his boyfriend, "long day."

harry nodded, "long and boring."

"true, true," louis agreed, "i'm glad to be away though."

"me too."

while the other lads arrived, harry could feel eyes on him. he'd always had weird senses for that sort of thing, and right now a tingle was shredding up his spine. liam, niall, louis and himself were waiting for niall when harry finally had the guts to look around. at first he didn't see anyone, but nearly directly behind him was a group of girls. pretty girls with long, straight hair and shorts a bit too short. harry furrowed his eyebrows and gulped down a deep breath of air.

"lou."

"yeah, babe?"

"those girls behind us are watching me."

louis turned his head to have a look. indeed, there were three girls watching harry. he  could practically feel the churning of his stomach. louis knew that if any of them tried anything he probably wouldn't be able to resist locking his fist with their jaws.

"just ignore them."

"what if they talk to me?" outright fear shot through harry's green orbs, he looked so beautifully worried and it played with louis' heart, "what if they try to break us up."

"darling," louis smiled and placed a hand on harry's chin, "no one will ever break us up, you know that, right?"

"y-yeah."

"especially with what we went through with my dad," he continued, "that just made us stronger."

"louis."

"yeah."

"i love you."

"shall we put on a show then?" louis grinned evilly and harry's eyes widened. he took one last glance at the group of girls before attacking his boyfriend in a bruising kiss. they really went at it, too, an erotic mix of teeth, lips and tongue. it was bliss. that was, until niall, who arrived just in the nick of time to see the performance, cleared his throat.

"love you too, baby."

♡♡♡

sorry for late update! this is just a filler with a little bit of a starter for the next section.

hope you're enjoying. vote and comment. treat people with kindness.

alyssa xx