Chapter 3

So...this series is gonna take a bit longer than I planned. I wanted only to do a 3 or 4 chapter story, but you guys seem to want to see the rest of our Academy girls as their future selves. So that means...I need Nene, Momokino, Mitsuko, Shirapon, possibly Kayo, MAYBE the Tachibanas, the parents, Matsuri...this...this is gonna get long and involved.

So for several chapters, we shall deal with the past, and the rebuilding of trust, an idea I was toying around with, that you guys seem to want that.

Well, then this is gonna happen.

Also...I'm playing up Mei's Luddite tendencies for a bit of comedic effect. But I do believe she's...just not that knowledgeable about current technology except its primary functions. Same with Yuzu being Bi and then there's also the whole thing with ummm...the drama. I'm just working on getting feet wet with them I'm sorry if it's not as dark and as dramatic as some feel it should be but...they are...in a sense different people after and may not be as overly dramatic but I dunno. I'm playing around with it.

I hope I don't screw this up.

Also, I didn't intentionally pick this but Mei's name can be read, depending on character can be interpreted as "reliable sprout," Yuzu is a citrus fruit and when I picked Hideki's name it was because I was thinking of Chobits. Oddly enough the characters for Hideki are going to be interpreted as "timber trees" so...they're all plant related. Did not mean for that to happen, but it fits.

So what do you guys want to be done with Hideki? Because you guys apparently LOVE him and I've been trying to figure it out. Should I start each chapter with Mei and Yuzu talking to Hideki while commenting on some of the things they omit from telling him? And what about the possibility of a Hideki side series? That sound fun?

Chapter 3

~Present Day~

"So you and Mama got into a fight when you guys saw each other," asked Hideki as he poked his tiger in the nose.

"I wouldn't say it was a fight," coughed Mei as she gave Yuzu a look before nudging her with her toe.

"What was that," asked Yuzu as she regained her sense.

"Mommy was telling me that you two met at your old job and got into a fight," repeated Hideki as he gave his mother a pat on the knee.

"I wouldn't call it a 'fight' Hideki," coughed Yuzu with a shrug. "Mommy and I had a lot of issues to work through, and after not seeing each other for a long time, we lost our cool."

"I thought you were going to get a lot worse," chuckled Mei when she remembered how Yuzu's moods had changed so quickly.

"I was at work," retorted Yuzu with a wink. "If I'd gone fully psycho on you I'd probably still be paying off the damages to the restaurant."

"You were that mad, Mama?" Hideki's eyes grew wide at the possibility of his mother getting angry enough to break things.

"That was a bit of an overstatement," chuckled Yuzu as she ruffled Hideki's hair. "But, I was pretty mad at your Mommy. I was still hurting, and I had to try very hard not to say start saying hurtful things to her."

"Were they bad words," asked Hideki with a mischievous grin.

"Don't think about it young man," grunted Mei when she realized what her son was trying to do. "Remember what happened the last time you said one of those words?"

Hideki's hands unconsciously went to his butt while his ears turned bit pink. After an apologetic nod, the boy asked, "So what happened after you and Mama saw each other?"