Chapter 32

So depression, an upcoming cross-country move to Vegas where I don't even know if I'll have a job, and a massive amount of stress have got me thinking that once again I'm going to have to add another chapter to this story. I'm sorry for this guys, but life has....given me a bit of an ass-kicking, and I'm trying not to burn myself out. Seriously I've been so stressed the past few days that I ended up making myself sick and giving myself headaches and stomach problems.

Also, I've been playing Red Dead 2...it's, but I have a glitch where Jack, John, Abbie, and Sadie don't show up save for select parts. DAMN YOU ROCKSTAR!

Plus Hideki is a mix of Jack Marston and Naru from Barakamon I've figured out...fun.

And...fuck it...I'm gonna write a short sequel to this and possibly a third one that'll be a one shot...so there's that.

Also several ideas I had ended up sort of being used in the insert of volume ten involving the reception...so that was weird.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the reception! I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise about getting the wedding night up...just...as I've said way too much going on in my head and life.

Chapter 32

"Is this...all right?"

Yuzu looked up to see Sho staring down at her with an embarrassed smile on his face as he led her through the stiff movements of their dance. Though it was by no means graceful, it was plain to Yuzu that Sho was trying his best to make the dance memorable and despite her wanting to laugh, she couldn't. After what Mei had told her about their agreement not to dance, Yuzu was still skeptical despite Mei's reassurance that her step-father had wanted this.

While they may have grown closer over the years, Yuzu had always wondered if Sho felt any real affection toward her. Sure he always looked happy to see her and took an interest in what she was doing, not to mention that him being more easy going than Mei helped their relationship get off to a better start than hers and Mei's. But the lingering sense of doubt refused to leave, and as much as she wanted to ask him, Yuzu didn't want to risk ruining the moment.

"This is perfect," she answered quietly, doing her best to smile as she continued to step with him as their friends and family continued to chat happily around them. "I know you probably would have preferred to do this with Mei, but thank you."

"Don't thank me yet," chuckled Sho as Yuzu felt the briefest hint of his sandal touch the top of her foot. "See, I'm not that great, even when we're barely moving."

"You're a lot better than I thought you'd be." Yuzu managed a genuine laugh and instinctively held him closer. "Although I saw you dancing with Mama earlier and noticed you didn't step on her feet."

"Ya got me there," snorted Sho in an attempt to hide his laugh. "But maybe that's because, even though we don't dance all that much, Ume and I are used to being around each other more than you and I. I mean by the time I felt ready to be home as much as I am, you and Mei were already out of the house and starting your life together so, you didn't need me around as much. Besides it's not like you knew me that well to begin with given how often I was gone."

"That's true," said Yuzu quietly, remembering how little he'd been home even after Mei had left, instead of contacting her and her mother through phone calls and video chats. "I wish we had more time together back then."

"I do too." Sho brushed some hair out of her face and gave her a sad smile. "I'm sorry I wasn't much of a father figure to you two."

"It is what it is," said Yuzu casually. "You made a choice, and it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Even if we don't always say it, we're glad to have you in our lives and for being there when you can be."