Chapter 16

So...I think you guys may not like what I did with gramps...but don't worry, I got an idea, and it's not what you guys are thinking. I'm sorry for all the long chapters, but with how I built this story they're unfortunately inevitable.

I know they are an endurance trial, but I'm trying to do this justice by you guys. Hopefully, you are still enjoying.

So we're gonna introduce a few more OCs here and there, but they won't be used TOO much. I'm trying to broaden their social group a bit while keeping the core group around. I just use them to show the passage of time.

Also, some people made comments about Mei being around mostly Yuzu and Udagawa, it's not that I WANT her to do that, but that's adult life.

I think John Mulaney said it best when he said being an adult is like, "Tuesday's no good for me, I'll see you in six months." or something like that.

Now...onward to Mei and Yuzu at a...company...picnic...the fuck has my life become?

Chapter 16

"Mama, catch me!"

Yuzu turned around to find her son flying through the air off the final four steps of the train platform and barely managed to catch him in time.

"Hideki," grunted Yuzu as a twinge of pain spread throughout her lower back, "my back. You gotta be careful."

"Sorry," apologized Hideki as Yuzu set him down on the ground.

"Just make sure you ask me next time." Yuzu took his hand and began leading him toward her office where they were supposed to meet her co-workers before heading to the park for the picnic. "You don't want me to end up in the hospital do you?"

"NO!" Hideki stopped and picked up a few stray coins before handing them to Yuzu. "I'm sorry I hurt your back. Is it getting better?

"A bit," chuckled Yuzu as she stuck the yen in her pocket. "But I'm going to a doctor that'll help fix it so don't worry too much, okay? Mama will be back to her old self in no time."

"'kay!" Hideki looked around then tried to pull away from Yuzu only to have her hold him back. "Mama look!"

Yuzu turned her head in the direction Hideki was pointing, and she felt her heart begin to pound at the sight of a familiar giant orange looking mascot character.

"It's a Yuzubocchi! Do you wanna get a picture of it?"

"Ummm...," Yuzu looked down at Hideki and grinned sheepishly. Part of her was screaming at her to go and get the picture, but another part of her was telling her to get to to the office so they'd be in time for the party. After a few moments of agonizing mental gymnastics, she shrugged at her son and asked, "Maybe. Do you want to?"

"Uh huh!" Hideki as he began pulling on her arm. "And we can show Mommy when she meets us later."

"I dunno, Mommy's never really liked mascots the way I do," giggled Yuzu at the excited look on his face as they walked toward the store. "I remember one time she stuffed a bunch of mine in a garbage bag because they freaked her out."

"That's rude," yawned Hideki as they entered the store. "How come you didn't stop her? Was it cuz you didn't want to be mean?"

"It's more like I was a bit too shocked to do anything," explained Yuzu as they purchased a drink and got in the line. "Plus, Mommy gets scary when she has her mind set on something."

"Like when she's cleaning the apartment," offered Hideki before taking a sip of the juice. "She gets scary when she does that."

"Exactly." Yuzu nodded and gave an exaggerated shudder making Hideki giggle. "So you can see why I avoided her fighting her about it."