Chapter 17

All right...we're going to bring in Sho and Ume!

I hear you guys liked the thing involving Yuzu's ex? She may show up soon and by "may" I mean "absolutely."

Also, I know the dancing could have been better but given Mei's condition, I didn't want to get too in-depth with it, mostly because I have plans and you all have to wait!

But in all seriousness, do you guys like Hideki? I know you came for the Mei and Yuzu stuff, but I want to make sure you guys enjoy the life I'm building for him. I love the little guy and Yui, so I want to make sure you guys enjoy him.

Also supposedly on Amino, there's a profile called Aihara Hideki...wtf...is that supposed to be this Hideki or something else? I'm confused...and where'd that art come from?! If it is this Hideki...his last name is UDAGAWA NOT AIHARA!

All that aside if this inspired you to create that profile...you're an awesome human being and if you drew art of him, you're even better.

Also, I saw the Raws for 38. But it looks like...well you'll just have to wait and see XD

and this chapter is slowly killing me...hence why it's short...cuz 18 will be a monster. I had to divide them because AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNGST is coming.

Chapter 17

"Are you all right Udagawa-san?"

Mei looked up from her desk and saw Watanabe standing there with a hot mug of tea and what looked like a sandwich and some fruit from the cafeteria.

Glancing at her computer monitor, Mei was shocked to see that it was almost two o'clock and realized she hadn't eaten anything since breakfast with Yuzu.

Removing her glasses, Mei rubbed the bridge of her nose and waved Watanabe forward and thanked him for the food.

"How long have l been doing this?"

"About six hours." Watanabe handed her the tea and pointed at the large stack of papers Mei had just finished going over. "Do you need me to look these over before filing them? Also, you have that conference call in half-an-hour and you need to go over the remaining club budgets."

"Of course." Mei took a bite of her sandwich and tasted the familiar tang of the cafeterias roast beef. "You can take that pile there and make sure you attach them to the emails, and mention that we'll be sending a physical version copy as well. Is there anything else after the budget confirmations?"

"Just more of the same." Watanabe gave her a smirk and effortlessly lifted the large pile of papers. "But in case you forgot, you have that dinner tonight and Aihara-san said he'd be bringing Hideki-kun by after you were finished with your work and I already called to confirm the reservation."

"She," corrected Mei before taking another bite of her sandwich and began scanning another form. "She will be by with Hideki."

"No, it's 'he,'" answered Watanabe carefully. "Remember? Yuzu-san is going to be late due to a work meeting, so you had me call your father to pick him up since no one else was available."

Mei cast a narrowed glare at her assistant and tapped her pen against the padding of her desk as she tried best to figure out how to remind the man of when and where he should make mention of her father.

Seeing as he was her assistant, Watanabe was privy to specific details of her personal life and was one of the few people who knew the truth about hers and Yuzu's relationship. He had to be since her father was around more often and occasionally visited the school. But there were still those who hadn't put everything together and had there been someone other than her or a family member in the room.