Chapter 30

Note: This was supposed to be the last chapter, but this one was so emotionally draining I'm going to have to extend it out again. I'm sorry to keep doing this to you guys, but this took over a month for me to work up the nerve to finish and I hope you guys can forgive me if it doesn't live up to the expectations I placed on it. That's why this took so long to post. I know some people think I abandoned this but that isn't the case.

Life got in the way, and I placed a lot of pressure on myself to do this chapter right by you guys. Living up to expectations that I don't know existed or not, so please don't assume I abandoned it. I just...mentally broke myself with this one, and it took a while for me to work past a specific part.

And just for a point of reference, should you decide to draw anyhing from this story, after Mei gives birth she has a body that's a bit taller and SLIGHTLY slimmer than Inko Midroiya, aka Deku's mom.

Now if you'll excuse me.

* Pukes in the corner *

I'm going to die for a bit before genuinely finishing this thing.

Chapter 30

Nausea washed over Mei like a tidal wave as she approached the entrance to the tent, her mind awash with the memories of her previous wedding, which hadn't been much of one.

Outside of the pomp and circumstance that had come with her and Udagawa signing the marriage contract, her actual wedding had barely been little more than a quick ceremony at the government office in front of an official. Her grandfather and former in-laws had wanted something grander to celebrate the occasion as befitting their status, but at Mei and Udagawa's insistence their families had relented and allowed their wedding to take place in such mediocre surroundings.

Outside of Himeko, her grandfather, and a few acquaintances of Udagawa's and his father, there hadn't been any other witnesses and there were only a handful of pictures that still existed. Though she didn't bear any ill-will over their marriage, Mei was happy enough to leave the images in Udagawa's possession though at one point she had shown them to Yuzu, expecting the blonde to have some comment about how sad she looked in them, but instead the blonde decided to take another path.

Rather than speak about situations she didn't know anything about, Yuzu had instead asked questions about what the marriage had been like allowed Mei to explain everything at her own pace. About how lonely it had felt standing there among mostly strangers, with her best friend looking as heartbroken as she'd felt. How her grandfather looked on in silence, his familiar scowl plastered onto his face while the officer asked if she and Udagawa agreed to the expectations placed on them by their families and society. As much as it hurt her to admit to them, Mei had said the words, and after finalizing their license, she had begun two of the longest most painful years of her life and prayed daily that one day she would find the strength to face Yuzu and hope that the older woman would absolve Mei of her guilt.

"Mei, are you all right," asked her father, drawing her back to reality.

"I'm sorry?" Mei turned to her father and realized that both he and Yuzu had stopped mid-progression. The tent door had remained closed, but outside she could hear the sounds of hushed voices while the music of a string quartet played quietly in the background in preparation for their arrival.

"You look like something's on your mind." Sho reached up and wiped away what looked like the beginning of a tear. "Got something you need to get off your chest before we head out there?"

Mei turned her attention to Yuzu, noticing an impatient, but nervous look on the blonde's face and said, "I was thinking about how the last time this happened. Back then I was so sure it was what I wanted, but now..."