Epilogue

This is essentially sequel bait but I deleted the sequel because apparently, it made no sense. It was written for long-time readers and I fucked that up. I figured if they read this and saw the sequel they would understand why I wrote it this way but they didn't so now I am going to revamp that for you guys so it is easier to understand, flow better and you can enjoy it more because I want you to enjoy it and not be confused by my headspace.

I wrote the chapter the way I did so you'd all have a nice fun surprise and also I thought Hideki was a character people liked enough that they'd enjoy a Christmas kind of chapter with him and showing him a bit more grown up with a larger family and that you all will understand once Mei and Yuzu are introduced why it follows the path it does and if you don't like it that's okay and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to satisfy your itch but I hope there are other stories that do.

So if you still wanna read cool, if you don't also cool. You've always had a choice in that matter and I hope you find something you enjoy.

"Deki! Deki!"

Hideki lowered his book and removed his headphones and paused the old MP3 player his father had given him and turned in the direction of the voice just in time to see a miniature version of his father, dressed in flannel pajamas bolt across the living room. In his arms, he carried his stuffed elephant, TanTan, while an orange tabby cat sped across the living room floor before disappearing under the television stand.

"Deki! Get him!"

Hideki's little brother, Reo, stopped just before he ran into the stand and slammed his foot down and pointed at the small crack the cat had slid beneath.

"Why?" Hideki set his book onto the coffee table and stared at his little brother, wondering why he wanted him to move the furniture and risk getting in trouble for the sake of grabbing the cat. "What'd Frumpkin do?"

"Frumpy stole my toy!"

Reo dropped down and looked under the stand and pointed at the cat.

"Give it back, Frumpy! That's my toy! Deki bought me that! Give it!"

"Stop yelling at him, you know he's not going to listen to you." Hideki rolled his eyes and got off the couch and joined his little brother on the floor and began looking for his cat. It didn't take long since Frumpkin was rather fat and had a tendency to hide in the same spot any time he was running away from Reo after stealing one of his toys. He knew that Reo would one day figure out that the cat was playing with him, but until then, Hideki had to spend his time dealing with the ongoing feud the cat was perpetrating against his little brother.

"What are you two doing," laughed Rena, appearing with a freshly bathed baby who was giggling happily. "Did Frumpkin steal something from Reo again?"

"The same thing as last time, Mama Rena," grunted Hideki as he stretched his hand underneath the stand only for his cat to swipe at him.

"Quit it," warned Hideki, holding up a finger at the cat, "or no more wet food for the rest of my visit."

The cat meowed loudly at him but did not attempt to swat at Hideki when the ten-year-old managed to stretch his arm enough to grab the toy.

"There we go," sighed Hideki as sat back and held up the tiny stuffed cartoon elephant he'd given to Reo when got back from his summer trip to California.

"Yay!" Reo reached for the elephant but missed as Hideki pulled it away from him just in the nick of time, making him stamp his foot again and begin pulling on his brother's arm. "Give it back Deki, or I'm telling Mommy!"

"Hideki," warned Rena as she finished dressing the baby and gave the girl a kiss on the cheek, "please stop teasing your brother and give him back the toy."