🍺THIRTEEN🍺

(a part solely dedicated to Ong Seongwoo)

SEONGWOO's POV

They say that the most painful day of loving someone, is the day seeing them happy with someone else.

It has been 3 days since Mi Nam and I arrived here in Paris. And now, I'm here at the bar where I used to work as a singer.

Nicholai, my half- Korean half Filipino friend who currently works at the bar sat with me at the table.

Nicholai: I've never seen you that sad, Ong.

I: Tried so hard to conceal it. But it's just so painful.

Nicholai: What happened?

I: Hm. I bet you'll say that I'm a fool after I tell you.

Nicholai: Go on.

*Flashback (narration)*

Mi Nam visited Jin Hee. She was so happy to see Jin Hee's baby boy. She even bought some stuff for him. She stayed with Jin Hee until it gets dark.

Mi Nam got a call and it's from Seongwoo.

Mi Nam: Ong~

Seongwoo: Had a nice catch up with Jin Hee?

Mi Nam: Ne.

Seongwoo: Shall we have dinner?

Mi nam: Sure. Where shall we meet?

Seongwoo: Arc de Triomphe.

Mi Nam: Arasseo. See you.

Truth is, Seongwoo has prepared the place for her. In that place, he planned to confess to Mi Nam.  He bought hundreds of roses for her. He also asked Didier to take care of the fireworks.

"Everything must be perfect." He says to himself. He was even practicing the words he'll say.

For not so long, he waited patiently. Until he sees Mi Nam walking towards the Arc. He stood up from where he was seated and ran towards her. He was just at her back to surprise her.

Fate must be playing with them.

Mi Nam's phone rang. There was an incoming call from an unregistered number.

Mi Nam: Yeobose--

--: Mi Nam!

Mi Nam recocognized his voice.

Mi Nam: Jungkook?

Jungkook: Eodiseo?

Mi Nam: I'm at Paris.

Jungkook: I went here as fast as I can when I knew that Eunha was lying about her pregnancy.

Mi Nam: Mwo?

Seongwoo, who was behind Mi nam was just standing in deep thought that any minute from now, he'll lose the opportunity to confess his feelings.

Mi Nam: I'm here at the Arc de Triomphe.

She forgot that she'll meet Seongwoo. Jungkook arrives and he ran towards her.

Jungkook: I'm here--

She hugged him. Seongwoo took some steps backward. And infront of him, Jungkook and Mi Nam kissed each
other.

Seongwoo: You were so close, Mi Nam. If you would have taken a step back.

*End of flashback

Nicholai: Aigoo. You're such a stupid man, Seongwoo.

I: Yes. Yes I am. I tried to fool myself that this is my chance. Though I know that in her heart, she still loves Jungkook.

Nicholai: Sometimes you really have to give way. Even if it'll only hurt you.

I: At first I thought she's nothing. But then she became my everything. I remember how I first met her. It was at Arc de Triomphe. She was my first friend here. Inwas deeply happy to know her. But now, I do wish I never had to meet her.

I lost control of my emotions and cried.

I: I lied when I said I won a raffle for the ticket here. Truth is, I paid for this trip.

Nicholai: And why have you done that?

I: To show her that Paris also had nice memories. Her memories with me.

Nicholai: But it doesn't matter now.

I: I know.

Nicholai: I'll dedicate a song perfect for you bro.

Nicholai stood up infront and he whispered something to his band. After it, he grabbed the mic and started speaking.

Nicholai: This song is originally by a Filipino artist. And I want to sing this dedicated to those people here who've been inlove with the people they can't have.

The intrumental has started.

🎶There I was waiting for a chance
Hoping that you'll understand the things I wanna say
As my love grew stronger than before
I wanna see you more and more but you closed your door

The song fits my emotions  so well.

🎶Why don't you try to open up your heart
I won't take so much of your time

I never had the chance.

🎶Maybe it's wrong to say please love me too
'Coz I know you'll never do
Somebody else is waiting there inside for you
Maybe it's wrong to love you more each day
'coz I know he's here to stay

It's funny that I know she still loves Jungkook but I hoped that she'll be mine.

🎶I believe what you said to me
We should set each other free
That's how you want it to be
But my love
Is stronger than before
I want to see you more and more
But you close your door

I know I cannot face her after this. I cannot. I'm in pain.

🎶Why don't you try
To open up your heart
I won't take so much of your time
Maybe it's wrong to say please love me too
'Cause I know you never do
Somebody else is waitin' there inside for you
Maybe it's wrong to love you more each day
'Cause I know it's here to stay

Yes, Seongwoo, yes. It's wrong to love Mi Nam. Because she belongs to someone else.