10. Scars of the Past

Chapter 10 is here. I feel like I should explain something. In this story Mr.D (Dionysus from the percy jackson books) is Tantalus.  Like Dionysus, in the book Tantalus is serving punishment for his horrible king was in ancient times. If anyone wants to know what he did, message me or look him up. 

In this book Dionysus is the god of wine and festivities. Like in the Anime Kamigami No Asobi. 

Also in this chapter there is a part that says " they all went to Hades" that's just another way of saying they died. 

I start to explain " Last summer, the curse of the spirit of Delphi was lifted, and the spirit could inherit a new body.

 The spirit inherited Rachel Elizabeth Dare's body(I mortal born with the gift of prophecy) and she now carries the spirit with her in the outside world. 

So you see, whenever heroes wanted a quest, whether it was to save Olympus or not, we would go to the oracle to receive a prophecy about our quest, but without the oracle here, we can't know what to expect on the quest." I finish, looking at all of them. 

There was a deadly silence in the air while everyone was trying to figure out a solution. We all knew that this quest was important, the most important since the last battle of last summer.

Then Apollon steps forward infront of the others and says, " what if I look into the future and create a prophecy of out quest." He looks towards Chiron and Mr. T 

 Loki then speaks up and asks ," what about the prophecy the oracle told us at the bottom of the lake. 

I respond with " that prophecy was about you gods, not me, meaning that if I were to go with you, we wouldn't know what to expect for me, and Zeus gave me the task of bringing that sword"  I say, looking at anything but the gods. 

 "What prophecy," Chiron asks, " recite it for us hope."

 I close my eyes and recite it from memory,

"9 shall go west to the goddess in vain

1 shall be left in the land without rain

the bane of Olympus shows the trail

gods and monsters combined prevail

the titan's curse must one withstand

and one shall fail by a parents hand " 

I finish looking at Chiron.

"What does it all mean?" Loki asks, " I know you already said that we aren't going to understand it yet but what does it all mean?" he looks at me and I suddenly remember the lake, and how much the oracle was glowing.

"What does it mean with 'one shallfail by a parents hand " Loki asks, looking at me directly. 

Chiron suddenly speaks up, " we do not discuss prophecies until they are fulfilled. Milords, you shall all have to rest with hope. Tomorrow at dawn you will leave camp to complete your quest. " he ushered us out of the Big House and the gods followed me into the forest in the direction of my cabin. 

Loki was the first to speak up after a long time of silence, "now, back to out earlier discussion, I want to see your arm." 

 He suddenly grabs my arm and pulls my sleeves up, revealing a long, purple bruise. 

Above that, a long golden trident.

 "Why do you have the Mark of Poseidon, " Loki asks, looking at my emotionless face.

 I didn't respond, looking at the ground. 

There was a silence throughout the entire room as they waited for an answer. 

I'm pretty sure they figured I'd have the mark of Poseidon because I am one of his "children" but that is not the case. 

I pulled my shirt off to reveal my uniform, chest plates on my shoulders and breasts, my stomach showing. I turned around and I heard them gasp, there on my back, are the whip injuries. Deep red gashes along my lower shoulders and all over my back. 

"Poseidon is not the god everyone thinks he is, not even Zeus knows who he really is." I said, looking at the ground, letting them get their thoughts together. 

One person spoke up, one person had the courage to ask the one question they were all asking themselves. It was Loki. 

"What happened?"  

Nobody spoke until I said, " many creatures were taken. Demigods, Nymphs, centaurs, telkines, and a lot more. They may have all been different creatures but they all had something in common. They were all prisoners." I said as I made my way to a chair in the corner of the room. 

I sat down as I motioned the gods to do the same. They all obeyed. 

I knew they were all preparing themselves for what they were ab out to hear, and I knew that nothing they would be hearing next would please them. 

Yet they all remained quiet as I gathered my thoughts. 

I began with soft voice, afraid that i'd start crying, "There were were only a few of us in those prisons. Maybe a dozen of every creature. 

He couldn't take too many or someone would suspect. Yet one of the guards, a cyclops, would come in every night, in our sleep and take one from every creature. 

Every day there were less of us. None of us dared to try to escape, since the first few failed attempts had left us all bloody and injured for weeks. 

There were many of us that wondered what happened to those who crossed that door, but none every came back, so we all assumed they had all went to Hades.

 No one bothered to communicate with each other, as there were consequences if the guards thought we were planning on escaping. 

One of the demigod couples were caught talking about how horrible our living conditions were in the cells we were in, but the rest of us knew better than to complain in front of the guards. 

They were both taken away, one in the place of a telkine, and they never came back." 

As I talked none of the gods spoke or looked up. They all listened as if their life were in danger. 

"I was one of the lucky ones. My strength and my powers developed as I fought. There challenges and battles we were all forced to fight once a week. We had to fight each other. No one, no one, talked about the battles, when you came back from one, no one congratulated you, because they knew your life had been spared at the ex[pense of another life. 

The nymphs and satyrs, while being the less likely to fight, had the greatest advantage. The nymphs could join their souls with a tree outside in the wilderness. 

That would only work if they were wounded. All the nymphs escaped. The only ones who could heal us when we were injured in battle. 

That is why I don't care much for nymphs. I don't hate them, but I tolerate them here at camp. 

The satyrs were reborn once they died. So everyone else was forced to suffer through the battles and the death. 

Those who survived the fights were beaten for fun and almost killed. I witnessed death day after day until it happened." 

"What happened" Takeru asked, looking up at me, with what I could tell was hope, that after all I had suffered through, that was when I had gained my freedom. He was wrong. 

"You are wrong if your think this is when I gained my freedom, things only seemed to get worse after he came." I said, looking at how the hope disappear from his eyes, never breaking eye contact. 

This is how I will end this chapter, with a little suspense. Next chapter will be out pretty soon.