Chapter 3 : Racing Heart

Yena's POV

After Chaewon left me, I went to the cafetaria. On the way there, i bumped into a very dejected-looking Yujin.

"Hey Yujin-ah!! Why you looking so down buddy?"

She looked at me like she was about to say something but no words came out of her mouth. Taking a close look at her face, I saw the eye bags under her eyes that she didnt even bother coverung up.

"Woah-did you even sleep last night?" I asked in shock.

She slowly shook her head and the next thing she said made me speechless.

"I-i broke up with Minjoo"

"Wha-seriously? Is that the reason why you are looking so depressed right now? Don't worryyy everything will be okay sooner or later. You just need some rest and maybe some space as well. The great Choi Yena is here for yo-"

My rants were stopped when Yujin's hoarse voice interupted me.

"That's not it"

"Huh?"

"I'm not being like this because I broke up with Minjoo.....I think I may have feelings for.."

Yujin's ears grew red and she mumbled the last part that I couldnt hear properly.

"Huhhhhh? Feelings for who?"

Suddenly, the usually energetic puppy turned serious as she looked at me straight into my eyes.

"Yena-unnie...I think I like Wonyoungie"

"OMG AHN YUJIN YOU LIKE WO-aksjdcjskl" My loud exclaim was muffled when Yujin desperately covered my mouth with her hands.

"Shut up you're being too loud" Yujin whispered.

I timidly covered my mouth with both my hands and nodded after getting scolded by my favorite hoobae.

"B-but I thought you guys were childhood friends?" I asked confused.

"Yeah but... I think I really like her unnie.... Whenever I see her, my heart thumps so hard that I feel like it could burst out anytime soon. I feel anxious whenever she hugs or holds my hand that all sorts of butterflies start to form in my stomach. My heart clenches when I see her with other people or even when others talk about her, I really don't like it....What should I do unnie?"

The fact that she looked so serious astounded me. Hearing her lengthy confession about her feelings for Wonyoung, I thought "Ahh she seems to really like her...this kid is growing up" as I conceived of all possible ways to help this sad hoobae of mine. I caressed my chin with the tip of my fingers as I acted like a genius deep in thought. After what seemd like forever, I broke the silence.

"Yujin-ah"

"Yes unnie?" Yujin looked down to me(due to her 168cm tall height-.-) expectantly.

"What are you going to do now?"

"Urghhhh I'm asking you right now because I don't know you dumb duck" She facepalmed as she screamed right into my face in frustration. Then all of a sudden, her eyes start to water. "And also...I think I ruined our friendship..."

"What? Why?" I asked, confused for the nth time.

Yujin blushed and looked down to the floor as she played with her feet. "I k-kissed her."

My jaw dropped. Literally dropped. Before I could bombard her with questions, Yujin quickly interupted me.

"I couldn't hold back okay?" She covered her face but failed to hide her constantly growing blush. Just then, the main character from our topic just now came into sight.

Jang Wonyoung.

Wonyoung was the school's heart throb. Each day, dozens of boys would ask her out and her locker was constantly filled with all sorts of love letters and gifts. However, she was also well-known for not accepting any confessions despite being very very popular. Her reason every single time would be "I'm sorry...I already have feelings for someone else" but no one knows who the said person was...Not even Yujin. Well, whoever that person was, he was the target of envy for every student that admired her.

Ever so gracefully, she walked out of the cafeteria with her friends. I eyes Yujin to look behind her, which she fortunately got the signal. Yujin turned around and made eye contact with Wonyoung.

"W-wonyoung-ah" Noticing Yujin standing infront of her, Wonyoung's laughing face from before turned into one of confliction. She hastily excused herself from her group of friends and ran away. Without another word, Yujin went after her.

"Oh great people keep ditching me one by one today" I pouted. I put my hands in my jacket's pocket as I walked away sulking. However, I was put out of my stance when I saw an angel walk past me. Her smile. Her laugh. Her accent. Her flaws. Everything was perfect in my eyes.

Bathump bathump

My heart started to race again.

**************

It's been a while guys~this is author-nim hereee I'm sorry this update took long TT Exams are just around the corner and I'm just so busy these days. I won't be able to update in these few weeks but I'll try my best to update as much as I can. Mianhe~ I hope you guys like this chapter.