Chapter 6 : Lights

Third Person POV

Minju was walking back home after a long day of school. Tightly hugging her school textbooks and with an earphone in her left ear, she hummed along to the music. However, her mood plunged when she saw an all-so-familiar figure holding another girl's hand.

"Wonyoung-ah wait for me!"

"Hahaha Catch me if you can"

Yujin and Wonyoung looked like a happy couple....one MInju and Yujin had been. Hearing their faint laughs, Minju started to tear up unknowingly. She desperately tried to hold back her tears but it was no use. She was about to breakdown when a jacket covered her face from above.

"W-what?"

She removed the jacket and turned back, only to come face-to-face with the one and only Kim Chaewon.

"Why are you always crying whenever I see you?" she smiled softly at Minju.

Minju was about to reply when more laughter of Yujin and Wonyoung was heard from a distance. Chaewon looked in the direction and immediately got a grasp of the situation.

Ahhh....I see

She diverted her stare to Minju, whose tears were already falling uncontrollably. Chaewon's heart ached slightly at the scene. Releasing a sigh, Chaewon gently wiped away Minju's tears with her thumb.

"Hey hey look at me" Chaewon looked into Minju's eyes and grinned "Lemme take you somewhere"

"H-huh?" Giving Minju no time to response, Chaewon pulled her wrist and led her onto her bike before speeding off.

"Where are we going?" Minju shouted from behind Chaewon who was riding the bike at full speed "A-and also SLOW DOWN FOR GOD'S SAKE"

"You're so loud" Chaewon retorted back as she increased the speed even more.

"Y-YAH KIM CHAEWON YOU ASSHOLE"

*********************

Upbeat music filled the air while lights from different machines blinked. Noises and shouts of people, both joy and terror, could be heard from all directions.

"You brought me to an arcade?!" Minju raised a brow.

"Hehehe come on let's go have fun!! Stop standing there like that" Chaewon exclaimed as she pulled the younger into the crowd.

They first went to the shooting machine where Chaewon boasted that she was good enough be in the military.

"Stop being all cocky"

"But I'm telling the truth"
"Then let's bet"

"Why not?"

"The loser piggyback rides the winner back home tmr after school"

"Heh why not?" Chaewon smirked as she picked up the gun "I can go easy on you"

Minju scoffed "Save your words for when you lose"

After an intense match, the results were 9-8.

"Heh now you owe me a piggyback ride"

"H-how did this happen?"Chaewon's mouth opened agape at the results. She was beaten at a shooting game. AN ACTUAL SHOOTING GAME.

Minju put out her tougue at Chaewon, making the said girl pout.

"cute" Minju mumbled.

"What did you say?"
"Nothing nothing Let's go play another one"

"Eh okay"

Minju led the way while a smiling Chaewon followed from behind, glad that Minju was finally smiling again.