strangers

Fear shone in my eyes. "Don't be afraid to shoot him Brandon...", I'd whisper encouraging him. I could tell he was shaky. Or maybe he wasn't? He looked like he've done this before. Maybe he had? Where would he learn these skills? I flickered my gaze to the ladder. It started squeaking. Someone was coming up.
I looked back at Brandon. He was biting his lips. My attention snapped to the ladder again. The person was finally up. He was wearing all black, and I couldn't quite distinguish his face.
"Get up! Raise your hands!", he'd bark at us. Non hesitantly, I stood up, raising my hands. Brandon, on the other hand still laid on the ground, the gun still placed in his hand. "Get the hell away from us!", Brandon would yell back. I looked at the man. I could tell he was staring at me. Brandon aimed at the man, and shot him. The bullet shot into his chest, and then he fell. I gasped, staring over at Brandon. "What the hell?! Why'd you kill him?! Father always told us not to kill our enemies." Brandon just looked at me. "If it's a life of death situation, Mallory, I'm almost positive he'd let us kill them." I suppose he was right. I didn't wanna die yet.
We headed down the ladder, into my bedroom. A few things were on the ground. We walked out into the kitchen, where there were more people. Brandon cursed loudly. They all looked at us. I had to make a break for it, and leave Brandon behind. I sprinted towards the door. One of the men grabbed me, but I fought them off, with a fury of kicks and hits. I got out of his grasp, and then I ran out of the apartment building.
The world was for sure falling apart. Everyone was everywhere, screams pierced the streets. I only knew one place to go; the alleyway. Nobody knew of it, due to the fact that it was super secret. I guess you could say I was good at finding secret places. I started running towards the alleyway. As fast as I possibly could.
I finally got to the alleyway, and stopped running. I desperately tried catching my breath. The run was exhausting. I collapsed next to a cardboard box, and I sighed. I could hear the sirens ringing in the distance. I took in a deep breath, the cold, crisp, November air filling my lungs.
Is Brandon still going to be there?
Fuck. I just left him there.
I didn't want to die though, did I?
It's my fault. I shouldn't of left him like that.