e p i l o g u e

a/n: this is the probably the longest chapter i've ever written, but it was for you guys!
please read the author's note after this chapter, thank you!

five years later,

"one, two, three. happy birthday, twins!" the two adult women shouted, the toddlers' eyes just beginning to open to their loud voices. "come on, ella and leo." the women pecked each twin's cheeks, picking them up out of their beds, their little legs wrapping around their bodies.

the little girl's hair, mushy and tangled as leo's hair stuck up in different directions while both twins rubbed the sleep out of their eyes. "aw!" the two women cooed over the adorable sight. "mommy, i'm hungry." rosella said, rubbing her eyes. once she had placed her thumb into her mouth, lisa instantly pulled it out of her mouth. "hey, you're too old for that, now. you're five." the action caused the little girl to pout, eventually placing her head on rosé's shoulder.

"come on, let's go eat." the family wandered over to the kitchen, little gasps being heard as they saw the delicious and exciting sight. "birthday pancakes!" the twins smiled, practically jumping out of their parents' arms. the confetti pancakes sat on the counter with a little swirl of whipped cream, waiting to be devoured by the toddlers. once they were seated, they ate away, pancakes disappearing in seconds.

"i swear they eat just like you," lisa said, earning a punch to her shoulder. "food never last a second."

"hey, food is life and you know that!" rosé poured the bright orange juice into their cups, watching as they ate happily. they had been waiting to eat these special pancakes as it was a routine. every year on their birthdays rosé cooked confetti pancakes and placed a little swirl of whipped cream on top, waiting for the twins to see it.

"i'm done!" rosella placed her cup down. "me too!"

the woman smiled, staring at an exact replica of her. rosella stood with black, long hair and beautiful blue eyes that practically resembled the sea, which she inherited from the sperm donor. her little puffy cheeks and a slender figure along with her brother, leo, who stood with brown eyes and one front tooth missing. his sharp cheekbones and nice black hair, which led the women to predict that he was gonna be a handsome, strong man when older.

"okay, bath time! everyone's coming over to celebrate you guys."

"really?"

"yes, it's your special day, today and we're gonna make sure it's the best day ever!" lisa cheered, causing the twins to jump around in excitement, leo's adorable smile in sight.

the twins were eventually placed inside the bubbly, warm bath. "bubbles!" rosella beamed, placing them in her hair and on leo, who was too focused on the toys in the water. the boy didn't even notice that his sister was waving her hands in his face. "leo!"

"leo, your sister is trying to talk to you." rosé averted his attention to his sister, watching as he listened carefully to her. "yes, sissy?" the women cooed over the nickname, grateful that he did call her baby sissy or little sissy because then, it'd break out into a huge fuss.

"do you wanna eat the bubbles with me?" she sat with a mountain of bubbles on her little hand, eagerly hoping the boy would say yes.

"sure!"

the two women were taken aback, stopping what they were doing and focusing on their children as they attempted to eat the bubbles.

"what, no! hey, don't eat the bubbles!" lisa instructed, moving their hands away from their little mouths. they both pouted, removing the bubbles from their hands. "bubbles aren't healthy for your bodies so, you can't eat them, sorry."