f o u r t e e n

the following school morning wasn't any better. rosé didn't utter a single word to lisa due to the younger not enduring her pain. lisa was still oblivious to the reason why rosé wasn't speaking to her. soon, lina and lisa became great friends, sadly. they were growing closer and closer each day, leaving lisa completely oblivious to the whole reason why.

the two even hung out a few times, causing rosé to become remarkably upset, attempting her best to force lisa out of her life even though they lived together and would have to see each other no matter what.

"ugh!" rosé opened her locker, grasping her science notebook as she glanced over at her approaching friend who knew why she was like this. "i'm fine. just a little tired."

"well, i wouldn't be so sure. i saw you glaring at the two earlier when school started." jisoo remarked. "look, i know that you're mad, but i don't think lisa would ever do that. she already knows that she has something with you." she explained, seeing rose slammed her locker door.

"yeah, but it's not helping that i can't even try to stop it. everyone knows we're stepsisters, but do they know what exactly happens behind closed doors?"

jisoo walked down the hallway alongside the distressed girl, following as her glaring expression changed when lisa did approach the two. "hey, guys, where are you headed? i have math."

"well, i have science and if i'm not there in the next three minutes, i will be late. now, excuse me." rosé shoved past the younger, but before she could actually walk away, she felt a strong grip around her forearm. "what do you what?" rosé harshly asked.

"you need to stop, rosé. i don't know why you're even like this with me. whatever it is, i'm pretty sure that we can solve this. together." lisa said, settling all emphasis on the word together, which is something that they haven't been recent. the younger stepsister was nothing, but deliberately neglected at home and she couldn't deny and say that she wasn't unbothered by it.

"you don't need me, you have lina. now, go talk to her." rosé shoved her way past lisa harder, forming a stiff pain in lisa's shoulder that she knew would be a small bruise in a few days. she sighed, rubbing her shoulder before staring at jisoo with all hope.

"don't look at me," jisoo surrendered, stepping back from the younger. "you know the best friend code." she disciplined before turning her back.

lisa groaned, punishing herself for ever allowing that rule to apply to her when they were all just a bunch of middle schoolers, who had no difficulty in life and were so close and favorable to each other, but now, they're just a mess, a mess that seemed like a whirlpool. upon immersing into her thoughts, she felt warm hands being wrapped around her shoulders when she least expected it. "hey, lina."

lina's smile vanished when she detected the weak, low tone of the older's voice. "lisa, you okay?"

"just a lot of family issues. you wouldn't understand."

"oh, rosé? you know, she's a really nice person and i'm quite surprised how two seem to be upset now rather than before." the young girl ranted, not under the realization of what she was stirring up in the mess.

"what do you mean by that?"

"well, when i first came and i was interested in being your friend but didn't know how, rosé came to me and at first, it seemed like she didn't want me to be friends with you because she was listing all the bad habits that you have which were drinking and some other things, but then, i guess she realized i didn't care and she eventually started explaining the good in you and yeah."

a fire sparked in lisa as her face slowly became red and warm, but too warm. "when was this, lina?"

lina set her index finger on her chin, indicating that she was thinking. "um, last week, i think. why?"

"oh, no reason. let's just get to class." lisa grabbed the young girl's wrist, rushing to the math class that the two had to be in, in exactly thirty seconds. the young girl's mind was only full of what lina had told her. how could rosé do that to her when she's only been nothing but a good person to her?

when school finally ended, lisa had only one thing that she had in mind of doing, which happened to be confronting rosé. she found the older, eating by jennie and jisoo.

"did you really say those things about me to lina?" lisa stepped up to the older, seeing as her facial expression swiftly changed from happiness to worry. "answer me."

"look, she has feelings for you and--,"

"you know, yourself, that no one can ever come between us so, why would you make up such lies?"

"i want you all to myself." rose explained, wishing the younger would just forgive her, but by the sight of the younger nodding her head with the look of disappointment in her eyes, she knew that wasn't gonna happen.

"you are so immature." lisa stormed off, neglecting the calls of her friends. tears sat at her eyes, blurring her sight, but she couldn't cry now. she couldn't let rose know that she damaged her. she was destined to be strong in a situation like this, but how? her own girlfriend went behind her back and this was all in the midst of not being able to unveil their relationship or even have one. their parents' marriage seemed to be affecting their relationship.

the younger stepsister ran home, letting the cold air dry her wet cheeks. as many streets, as she passed to get home, she was drained and didn't have an energy to even cry anymore. she was just sad and no one could do anything about that. hiding under her blankets seemed to be the only relief currently and no one could see her cry.

"i wish they would have never gotten married!"