TEN (Iselen POV)

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

I land on my butt painfully and the grass wet with dew soaks through my pyjamas pants, I feel my heart beating in my throat and I'm breathing heavily like I've run a marathon. I thought I was going to have a panic attack for a second and then faint, I can hear Charlie and Ru barking anxiously behind the terrace door... The sun's rising and there's already enough light to discern the outline of the couch, palm trees, the house roof and...

"I'm sorry..." I whisper staring at the large animal in front of me that looks back at me and seems confused, tilting her furry head to one side. "Please, forgive me. I never meant to scare you screaming like crazy but... I wasn't expecting to wake up next to a massive wolf and... Oh God..." I take a deep breath trying to cool down a little while shaking my head and I stare carefully at the animal that's sitting on the lawn at my feet, she's exactly like she said: grey with some reddish touches on her neck and chest and beautiful green eyes that look at me with caution. "Ruby? Are you inside there? Can you... hear me?"

The she-wolf moves her head up and down slowly and stares at me one more time worried when she spots tears running down my cheeks. She doesn't seem angry after waking up abruptly when her mate started screaming like a nutter forcing her to jump to the ground with all her muscles tensed looking for a threat. A gentle breeze shakes the fur on her back and the sunshine turns pink the white areas around her ears.

"Wow... Ruby... Oh my God, it's you! This is amazing... Fuck, you're beautiful..." I extend my arm to touch her but I stop because I don't know... eventually, she's the one who gets closer looking for my caresses rubbing her head against my fingers. "You're so soft and warm and oh God..." I put my arms around her neck and hug her tight when my mind processes what's happened finally and I realize it's real: I'm the mate of a werewolf. Part of me was still expecting this mess to be a mistake or some kind of sick joke but it's obvious that is not. I'm hugging the living proof... that all of a sudden, without previous warning, turns into a beautiful tattooed and very naked goddess sitting on my lap. Her skin gets goose bumps due to the cold wind and I grab the blanket quickly in order to wrap her up before forcing her to sit down on the couch again. "What's happened?"

"I woke up last night and you weren't in bed with me..." Ruby puts her arm over my shoulders and drags me closer to her body so she can share the blanket with me, her tone of voice shows a hint of reproach that makes me feel guilty and I fix my eyes on the grass. The truth is that last night I was so furious because of the way she talked to me when I just wanted to help her that I couldn't sleep and thought that I could sit here for a while and look at the stars to clear my mind... falling asleep wasn't my intention. "When I finally found you, I decided to lie down next to you but you woke me up again a few hours later because you started shivering... you were cold and my body changed automatically in order to provide you heat, I didn't even think about it... it just happened. Next thing I know is that you were screaming and almost made my heart explode in panic..."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you like that..." I chuckle getting closer to her body seeking heat but also her touch because it makes me feel calm and protected. "It's a bit weird opening your eyes and finding a big muzzle with sharp fangs leaned on your neck. It seemed a horrible nightmare..."

"I guess it's true..." She grazes my temple with her lips sliding them down my cheek till reaching my ear. "Iselen, I'm sorry about what I said yesterday..." My muscles get tensed and Ruby rubs her nose along my collarbone sniffing my skin the way she likes it, she sighs happily before talking again. "I was very furious but that's not an excuse, I shouldn't answer you like that... I'm sorry, my love..."

"It's okay," I mumble getting relaxed in her arms because I don't want to bother the alpha again and start another fight although my heart races when hearing her calling me love.