TWENTY-THREE (Ruby POV)

"Is everybody ready? We'll repeat once again...Ruby and Rachel, get into your positions, please..."

The lights come on while the director keeps yelling orders at the staff and a makeup artist gets closer to fix the shine on my nose. I try to remain still and only move my arm, letting my coat and scarf drop on a chair behind me while she finishes her work, it's very cold tonight since we're filming near the port but I'm obeying my girl and staying warm so I don't catch a bronchitis because I'm afraid to arrive home coughing and sneezing and she'll scold me... I bet she'll tell me to sleep on the couch with the dogs. The makeup artist stares at me confused when I chuckle but I shake my head not giving her any explanation before pointing at my backpack.

"Camrus, do you want the last vegan raspberry donut?"

"I'm stuffed, your girlfriend has sent us enough amount of donuts to feed an army... well, okay." My friend moves fast and grabs the sweet pastry while I roll my eyes hard and walk till finding my position in front of the camera. No one can resist Iselen's food, even non vegan people, and that's why I'm so lucky she cooks for me every day. I had to settle for some pasta and fruit the guys of the catering service brought to the set before, it wasn't that bad but not as good as the homemade food my mate makes for me. I'm really lucky.

I'm standing with Rachel at the entrance of a dark alley despite lights are aiming at our faces so they're clearly visible, while the cameras, sound equipment, the director and staff are gathering on the wide street in front of us. Far away, behind some cars, security guards are trying to control a group of fans determined to take pictures of us despite is too late and they should be at home. I wonder what my girl is doing right now, I can feel her through our bond and I know she's calmed, focusing on her job most likely, but I'd like to know if she's lying on the bed with my dogs, or maybe on the couch, or sat on the stools of the kitchen island... I wonder what she's made for dinner.

"All right, you all know your lines... Alice will run away through the alley taking advantage of the darkness and Kate will chase her... Lights! Camera! Action!"

A gust of wind shakes Rachel's blonde wig, she's laughing like crazy and runs away suddenly while I get tensed, clenching my jaw and following her looking around frantically; it may seem that I'm following the director's instructions but I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, actually... The wind has brought a familiar scent, the last one I'd want to smell right now... My dad's pack is here. I try to restrain the wolf that's growling inside me while I take advantage of the fact that I have to walk slowly through this alley looking for my workmate to sniff the air discreetly. They aren't close but it's pretty obvious that they've moved to this city.

"Cut!" The director's scream snaps me back to reality and Rachel leaves her hideout smiling. "That was perfect, I think we're done for today, great job. Thank you everybody and I'll see you next Monday early in the morning. Well done, girls."

I nod kindly before grabbing my coat and backpack and walk to my trailer while taking a look around discreetly, hiding my face with the hood. I see them suddenly: Dominic and two members of the pack are behind the group of fans that's taking pictures, I can recognize them perfectly because they're taller than the girls and aren't jumping or screaming trying to grab my attention, they're just staring at me quietly frowning till they make my hair stand up. Obviously, their slightly threatening attitude is a provocation, they know the wolf inside me is ready to go and bite their asses but I'm not giving them what they want. It didn't work in LA and won't work now... I slam the door of my trailer abruptly and rush to take my phone, I want to make sure my girl is okay and they haven't tried to break in the building.

"Ruby, what's wrong? My stomach turned all of a sudden, was it you or my lunch made me feel sick?"

"Where are you?" the anxiety in my voice triggers hers, I can feel my mate's fear through the strong bond that binds us.