Chapter 3

Nico's POV

Voices.

That's all I could hear. They were yelling at me. Taunting me. Mocking me.

"The Ghost King can't handle words? is that your weakness? you will parish before you ever see the truth!" one yelled in a voice I was haunted by much too often. He sounded like my father.

"Little baby can't seem to find someone that cares?" another said in Bianca's voice.

I wanted to break down but all I could do was stare at the wall. I tried to keep my barrier up. I tried to not show weakness. As the seconds grew, the harder I stared at the wall. I wasn't mad. I wasn't happy. I was breaking. I was falling. I could feel it. I was scared. I knew no one would be there to catch me.

My "anger" grew and the shadows got louder. They were saying things I never wanted to hear. Replaying things in my head again. They were making me feel mentally insane. I couldn't say anything or else my barrier would disappear. I'd be letting them win.

But, I'm a failure. I can't keep myself or anyone happy. I broke. I cried. I screamed back at the shadows. I curled into a ball on the infirmary bed and tugged my hair. I wouldn't handle this. I was mental and I knew it. I was losing my last shred of sanity.

But just as I was falling into hopelessness, something wrapped around me. It was weird. Someone was..... hugging me. I was breathing to quickly and my mind was blurring everything up so I couldn't tell who it was. Whoever it was, was insane strong. Muscular arms and had that comforting warmth.

"Shhhh, it's going to all be alright," the person said. It was obviously a guy with a deep-ish voice. He sounded like someone you could expect to be in control. Someone you could trust. Someone would be the hero for everyone.

That's when I realized the only possibility. It was the green-eyed savior of Olympus. Of course it's the e hero Percy Jackson saving the day once again.

I've had a crush on him since I was 10. That was four years ago. How in the heck does one keep a crush for four years? oh right, one simply cannot unless one is insane. I'm insane so it'd make sense.

I like him- a lot may I add- but I know he'll never have feelings for me. He's Mr. Loyalty. He can't ever not be with Annabeth. They've been through Tartarus together. They've gone on multiple quests together. They'd do everything. Me and him? about as possible as cupid is pleasant. But here he is hugging me at the worse time possible.

He released me and looked at me. Tears continue to cascade down my face but the shadows had gone silent. I could hear everything they'd said to me in my head again and again. The tears fell hard and I could have swore I saw a glimpse of hurt in Percy's eyes.

He made sure I was facing him and cupped my face with his hands. It was relaxing but I didn't dare to show that it was. I just said there and continued to cry. I silently cried that is. He just watched them flow down.

After 10 minutes of my continuous silent crying, Percy's hands were drenched and he had begun to wipe the tears away with his thumbs. He didn't say anything. He kist wiped them away slowly and carefully as if I was going to break at his touch. Little did he know that I was already broken.

I stopped crying but percy just kept wiping my checks. I didn't move and he didn't say anything. In other words, it was perfect. No one bothering us.

I laid my head against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat. I closed my eyes and let the rhythmic thudding sing me to sleep.

-----------------------

Hallo guys!

So here's chapter three.

Should I start does QOTC?

Should I make these chapters longer?

Should I update on a day every week?

Help me please *puppy does face* PLEWSE

But I have more problems! Haha. I hate life so effing much.

So there's this guy I used to talk to until my parents said yeah no you can't talk to him anymore and he lives in another state and yeah and I hear his name like everyday cuz life hates me and I just utterly hate it.

Oh whale. Somehow I'll live.

Until next time, xoxo

~Queen of Gay Ships