Chapter 8

Percy's POV

I felt Nico cling onto my arm despite his drowsiness. I looked down at him. He was shaking. He looked as if he was about to cry. My poor Nico. Did I just call him mine....? Sorry, not sorry.

"Nico," I began, "it's okay. I promise. They'll just make sure you're okay and then you'll be back up and running. I won't let them do anything to you. I promise."

Nico looked up at me with those big, innocent chocolate eyes now filled with fear. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to protect him from everything, even life itself. I would have done anything to make sure he was content and safe.

"I promise," I said quietly just to reassure him. He simply nodded, gulped, then waited for the worst.

I continued to walk to the infirmary and Will Solace came. The son of apollo with his bright blue eyes and angelic blonde hair looked uncharacteristically gloomy rather than laid back and chill.

"Hey, what's wrong with Nico?" Will asked.

"I don't really know. I went to his cabin to talk to him and found him laying there close to unconsciousness." I don't know why, but I felt angry at Will. I felt like he was going to take him from me and keep him away from me. I couldn't let that happen. No, I promised Nico I wouldn't them do anything to him and I wasn't so sure Will was as innocent as he played it. I would keep an eye on him.

Will nodded and started taking Nico from my grasp. I tensed up against my will. Will noticed and raised an eyebrow, but continued to take Nico out of my arms. He laid him on one of the cots and stared the regular medical procedure thing with the blood pressure and heat beat thing. I just watched and made sure Will wasn't doing anything to hurt Nico.

Nico was still weak, but he immediately shot up in a heartbeat giving Will and I a heartattack. His breaths were uneven and he was taking more air in than out. Panic attack.

He started screaming and clutching his hair. He was shouting, "leave me alone!" over and over again. It broke my heart. He looked so miserable. So lonely. So broken.

I hugged him and held on. I wasn't letting go. Nico needed me and he wasn't getting rid of me anytime soon.

He let go of his hair after 10 minutes and stopped screaming. He leaned his head against my chest and resided to crying on my shoulder. I was about to start crying. Nico was broken. He needed someone and I took me this long to figure it out.

I rubbed his back and let him cry until slowly his crying stopped and were just soft sniffles. This was my Nico. He was broken. He was beaten. He was slowly dying.

But then again, aren't we all?

--------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! Again!

I know I'm horrible, but I'm on Christmas break so YAYAYAYYAYAYAY!!!!

Oh my fucking goodness. 1.21 K. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Ooh. Right. About the story, I know right now it's all percy taking care of nico, but I swear that once percy and nico officially get together, it'll be other way around. BEAR WITH ME!!!

So yeah. That's all I got. I love you all.

Until next time,
~ Queen Of Gay Ships