Chapter 27

Nicole's POV:

"And what do I owe this pleasure to?" Her voice echoed trough the phone.

"Hey Lea, how have you been?" I asked skeptically, knowing we haven't heard from each other for years and I was calling for a favor now. Diane and Georgia bit their nails as I talked on the phone. Diane was dying from jealousy.

"Can't complain. Going on vacations non stop is definitely good for my skin." We chuckled both.

"Listen, I know this is stupid of me to ask, but I need a favor."

"I kinda saw that coming. What do you need?"

"Diane has this award show coming up and we're missing a bodyguard. So I was wondering if you wanted to, if you're not busy."

"Of course I can. I'll be in LA tomorrow, don't worry."

I sighed from relief and thanked her a lot before hanging up. This really was a life-saving favor. I mean, there are dozens of other people who could do it, but it's hard to find a good one. A slacker bodyguard is bad, they have to be on guard all the time. Luckily, I know what Lea is like.

I turned to Diane, seeing her blood boiling literally. I know I will be crawling because of this later.

"This is perfect. We'll talk about the plan to the details when Lea arrives. Now continue your little romantic session." Georgia said as she closed the door.

"I really don't like that person." Diane said, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Please, love. You know that she is a good bodyguard and plus, she's straight. There won't be any problems." I pecked her lips.

"I sure hope so."

📆

I woke up to my beautiful, award- winning wife. But literally, she has an Academy Award and more than sixty nominations and twenty other awards.

I kissed the back of her neck and inhaled her stunning scent.

"Good morning, boss."

I smirked as I continued leaving small kisses on her bare back. We really prefered sleeping naked or just our underwear. And this was one of the naked mornings, because well, you know...

"Oh my dear Nicole, how can it be a good morning?" She put her hand on her forehead and started being dramatic.

"Not this shit again..." I mumbled through a laugh.

Diane jumped off the bed and took the sheet to cover her body.

"I can't be okay! I can't be alright! The love of my life is going under a scalper today!"

I starred at her amusingly as she continued her melodramatic speach.

"Promise me. Promise you won't leave me." She grabbed my hand and starred deeply into my eyes. I took a closer look and she had real tears in her eyes.

I laughed at her again.

"You really are something else. First of all, it's not a scalpel, it's a laser. And second of all I'm not fucking dying! It's just an eye surgery."

"Oh my dear Nicole, you are so delusional." She crawled on top of me and snuggled in my arms.

"This will help me see better, maybe even see colors. Aren't you excited for me?" She opened her mouth to say something.

"See you in hell." She quickly ran off into the bathroom and I ran after her to catch her.

After our shower sex, I went downstairs to get ready for the hospital. All of my kids were there.

"Audrey, are you okay?" She had a worried face expression.

"Yeah, just a bit concerned for you." I saw Ethan and James had the same expressions.

"Listen guys, your mother is enough to take already, please don't let her get inside your head and tell you I'm going to die or something." They all looked down as I said it.

"She already said that, didn't she?" Ethan nodded a bit.

"Oh, come here." I hugged them all together and reassured them again.

📆

It was late at night and I was painting something in my office under a dim light coming from my desk lamp and the moonlight.

I had to wear glasses now, but that didn't bother me because I finally got to see colors after my surgery. Sure, I can't see all of the colors, but I appreciate it as much as I can.

As I was finishing my work, there was a knock on my door. It's weird, since it was really late. The only person that could be awake is Georgia working in our house. Diane had night shooting of her new movie.

But to my surprise, my wife came into the room. I was really happy to see her as I turned around and smiled, fixing my glasses up the nose.

"Hey love." I put my charm on as soon as I saw her in a red dress and black heels.

"Well hello there." She put on quite a smirk when she saw me.

"I haven't seen you around, but I must say" the blonde took slow steps towards me "you look damn hot."

"What?" I chuckled as I was oblivious to the situation. Apparently she was pretending I was someone else.

She straddled me in my leather chair.

"I like the glasses you are wearing, Miss."

"It's Mrs, I'm married." I said as I pointed at my wedding band.

"Whatever. Let's just be quick before my wife gets home." Diane kissed me hard on the lips.

We both chuckled a bit as I threw her on my desk and started undressing her.

"I love you, Diane."

"I love you too, Nicole."