Chapter 5 - Family

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. ONLY MY OWN

PIPER'S POV:

"Jason?" I shouted, I grew more anxious by the minute. "Jason?!" I screamed louder. Annabeth clasped her hand over my mouth.

"Piper, we shouldn't make too much noise if someone took Jason!" She said in a hushed voice. I nodded as she let go of me. "Okay, so we don't know where Leo or Calypso are and we are following Jason..."

"I think Frank is missing too," Piper included. "If Hazel isn't really Hazel then she might've done something him as well." Annabeth nodded. Suddenly I heard a rustle coming from the bushes. I froze, Annabeth did too. "Jason?" I whispered. I took a step towards the darkness but Annabeth grabbed my arm.

"Wait a moment," her grip tightened so I stayed back with her watching as whatever was hiding in the bushes emerge from the shadows.

"Well...well...well," it was a boys voice. "Isn't this hurtful. Just because you guys framed me doesn't mean that you have to fear me." The other one of Annabeth's hands flew up to my arm, both grasping on for dear life. He appeared before us, an angry and evil...

"Percy..."

PERCY'S POV:

Okay, who knew playing Mario Kart with Spider-Man would be so much fun? I did. Sure, Peter was insanely good and I always lost but still. I've always had a deep respect for Peter especially since he is just truly awesome. I'd honestly felt as if I was accepted by everyone and actually an Avenger but there was apparently a trial I had to go through before I became one. I had to learn how to master my new powers.

"Alright, kid," Steve prepared himself for my attack. "Come at me." I took a breath and started to charge at him but he dived out of the way the last moment. Okay, what? I had fought in wars before and I felt like it was my first time at any fight. "C'mon Kai, I know you can do this!" I tried again. No luck.

"What even is my new power anyway?" I asked while trying to punch Steve.

"That's what we're going to find out but we won't know until you've had some Avenger training first. You've been built for Greek battle strategy fighting with and against swords and spears. But now? If you're going to be an Avenger, you're going to have to learn how to fight with guns and against guns or anything that shoots at you," Steve replied, once again avoiding my attack. "You're better than this Kai, I know you can do this!"

"But the Wakandans fight with swords and spears!" I informed him before ramming into a wall. I rested my head against the wall to breathe for a moment.

"That's different."

I shoved myself away from the wall and started to try punching him more, harder this time. "And...how...is...that...different...?"

"Wakanda has vibranium, the strongest metal on earth!" He said, ducking his head to dodge my fist. "You guys don't."

"Okay, that's fair!" I paused to take another breath but Steve actually attacked me this time. I stumbled back as the reaction from his blow. "What the hell, man?"

"Have you ever rested while fighting your wars?"

"No..."

"Have you ever been able to rest while fighting the bad guy face to face?"

"No!" I growled.

"Then what makes you think I'll let you rest while training?" He asked.

"I don't know!" I screamed and started trying to attack him again. "Just let me hit you!"

"Did Kronos give you any opportunity to kill him?"