Chapter 9 - Unbearable

Disclaimer: I don't own the PJO/HOO/Marvel characters. I do own mah OC's. Another is being introduced in this chapter. Enjoy!

JASON'S POV:

I woke up in the middle of the forest. I rubbed my head. "Ow." I heard a roar come from afar. I stood immediately.

"Jason!" I heard from the opposite direction of the monster. I turned my head quickly. It was Pipers voice.

"Pipes!" I yelled, rushing towards the voice. "Piper! Where are you at?" She stepped into a clearing and smiled at me. We ran to each other.

"Oh my gods. Are you okay?" She cried into my embrace. I kissed her forehead.

"Yeah...my head hurts though. When I fell I hit my head." Piper laughed and gave my crown a light tap.

"What else is new?" She asked, lovingly. Then, another roar sounded. We jumped and I realized it was closer than before. I turned to her, terror had filled her eyes. "Jason, we need to get back to camp. NOW!" She grabbed my hand and yanked me back towards camp. I only looked back once and saw the woman who took Percy and a giant black dog towering over her.

PERCY'S POV:

"Perce! Truth or dare?" Peter asked. I looked up from the window of the plane.

"Truth?"

"Cool! I've got a good one!" Peter started to rub his hands together mischievously. "Alright, how-"

"Are you in a committed relationship?" Shuri loudly interrupted. I jumped in surprise at her voice while Evie and Shuri laughed at Peter, who looked like he had just lost his hotdog to a bird.

"Well..." I stared to stutter. Dam. Why that question? Why couldn't it have been something stupid like 'what was my most embarrassing moment' or something? I sighed and looked away. "Not anymore." I replied bluntly. Evie became quiet along with Shuri. Peter coughed uncomfortably and started adjusting his seat. Evie stood up and started pacing around the cabin while Shuri stayed still.

"I'm sorry, Percy. I didn't mean to hit a nerve." She whispered. I looked at them.

"I'm sorry too. It's just, my girlfriend was led to believe that I was the culprit of a crime and that got me banished. She didn't mean any harm, I'm sure but it still hurts. I don't know if she still wants to have a relationship with me but, I still love her." I admitted. I hadn't talked about that in a while. It felt good to get it off my chest.

"So you know how it feels?" Evie asked quietly, sitting in a seat across from me.

"What?"

"You know how it feels to be betrayed? To be framed?" She stuttered and fiddled with her fingers. This was the first time I had seen her truly nervous.

"Yeah, I do."

"Evie, if you don't mind me asking..." Peter caught our attention. "Why were you in juvie?"

She looked around at all of us. All our faces had the same curious stare. She tensed up, her face stone. "I will explain later. It's best if we focus on the task at hand now." She looked up with a look of confusion. "I just realized, I don't even know what we are doing next. Where are we going?"

Shuri laughed. "We are flying to MIT to recruit another Avenger."

TIME JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

Peter was rushing around the campus of MIT, screaming like a little girl. Shuri was pointing out all of the design flaws in anything she could find and saying how she could easily improve MIT's technology. Evie remained quiet throughout the entire walk.