Chapter 12

I land in front of Capsule Corp. and run in to see my mother. When I get inside, I greet Mrs. Briefs and she directs me towards where my mother is. I walk down a long hallway and finally reach the lab area. I see my mother in there, cleaning up her work area. She finishes with sigh, dusting off her hands. She doesn't see me because she's turned around.

"Hi mom!", I say running up to her. She turns around already smiling at the sound of my voice.

"Willow! Oh my goodness! I was so worried about you!", she says pulling me into a tight, motherly hug.

"I missed you too mommy! I'm sorry for not calling you but I came as soon as I could.", I say hugging her back.

"It's ok. If you were with Goku and Gohan, then I know you're safe.", she says, as we pull away.

"Y-Yeah right.", I say nervously chuckling.

"Oh no. What happened Willow?", my mother asks.

She can always tell when I'm lying. Probably because I make it so obvious with my stuttering.

I sighed saying, "Well I wasn't with them the whole time mom. I kind of got beat up really bad by Cell."

She was quiet for a moment before she says, "Willow...you know we only have each other, right. You're all I have left. Please, I beg of you, please be careful.", My mother says with her voice small.

"I will mom, I promise.", I say genuinely.

She smiles and says, "Thank you. So, what's happening so far?"

"This guy named Vegeta is going to fight Cell now. He's a Super Saiyan like Goku. Goku and Gohan are training in the hyperbolic time chamber. It's a room where a year passes while only a day passes out here. I'm going in tomorrow with Gohan's old teacher when they come out. Vegeta and his son just got out of there so hopefully they can put up a good fight against him.", I explain to her.

"Really wow! That's quite a long time. Is Cell really that strong that you need a whole year of training to defeat him?", my mother asks.

"Yeah he's really powerful. I didn't stand a chance. But, I know both Goku and Gohan will be way stronger than him when they get out!", I say.

"Is that so?", my mother says, chuckling.

"I will be too! I can feel it!", I say determined.

"That's great honey. I know you can do it.", she says smiling.

"Oh! Speaking of Gohan, I see you're wearing the outfit I made you. What did he think of it when he saw you in it?", my mother asks with a smirk.

I groan loudly, sagging my shoulders, tired of the teasing. "You, Chi-Chi, and Bulma are unbelievable, mom."

She just laughs and says, "Oh come on. It's not like I don't already know about you two. Besides, you know you can tell me. Think of me as your best friend that can ground you."

I laugh. "Well Bulma 'put the outfit to the test' by asking Gohan what he thought about it." I said trying not to blush.

I remembered the scene perfectly. The smile on his face when he saw me. His cute stuttering when Bulma asked him the question. I must have zoned out for a bit because my mother cleared her throat smirking.

"Huh?", I say.

"Well, what did he say?", my mother asks.

"Bulma said that I passed the test when he was speechless.", I say, playfully rolling my eyes.

My mother laughs and says, "Awesome! That's what I was going for."

"Anyways, thank you so much mom. I really like it.", I say.