Chapter 10

Connor's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, shielding them from the bright lights above. I slowly lifted my hands to my swollen belly, feeling a kick instantly, assuring me that they were ok. I sighed and gently lifted my head, craning my neck to see where I was. 

I carefully sat up, using the pillow I was sleeping on to set behind my back. I rubbed my eyes, getting used to the brightness of the lighting fairly quickly. I looked around, doing a full scan of the room I was in, making sure there were no other people that could possibly hurt me or my babies. 

I protectively had my hands around my stomach when two loud sets of footsteps slammed into the room. I let out a (Very manly) shriek and shifted into my fox form, accidentally removing the IV from my arm and the heart monitor from my chest. I stood on the bed, wide eyed, stance spread, covered in a nightgown. 

The two people in the door, who I had recognized were my mates, were losing their shit laughing. Now hang on, imagine this. Small fox, comes up to about middle of your shin, belly full and rounded with pups, nearly dragging the ground when I walk, tail and ears sticking out of the nightgown, puffed up like a cats, eyes wider than saucers, tongue halfway out and mouth stuck halfway open with lips curled up to show my teeth, standing on the bed in the most non-threatening posture imaginable, with a pair of boxers also stuck on the puffed out tail. If your not rolling on the ground like my mates are, you imagined the wrong shit. 

Because apparently, even though I had just gotten back from being kidnapped, possibly drugged, bringing another packs child, and a bruise the size of a fuckin soccer ball, it was funny enough to have them gasping out of breath, crying, faces redder than a freshly painted fire hydrant, and rolling on the floor clutching their sides like their lives depended on it. 

Assholes.

I flicked all the clothing off me and sat, looking as indigent as possible, mad at them for laughing at me. I pouted and picked up one of my dainty paws, licking it like a cat and then cleaning the backs of my ears. When they were finally done laughing, they attempted to hug me. I simply jumped away, kicking them in the face during the process. The landing was a bit rough, but I bought myself before I could stumble into the mattress. 

They looked at me like they'd seen a ghost. I simply looked over my shoulder, ignoring them. I heard a gasp from Timothy and I looked back at them. He was pouting. "At least let us cuddle you? You were out for two whole days." Adrian pouted slightly as he asked. I huffed and scrambled underneath the Hospital gown so I had something to cover me. 

They chuckled as I did so, Tim lifting it up so it was easier for me. I shifted back, being careful of how I set myself because of the babies. Adrian and Tim laid down side by side on the bed, lifting me up and gently setting my smaller form in-between the small crack between their bodies.

It was a bit cramped, but we were happily cuddled up. I fell asleep after a few minutes, their hands intwined with mine, and free hands gently on my belly, receiving kicks from the kits, making me wince slightly. I fell into a peaceful sleep with them underneath me.