CHAPTER 1 FATED OR ACCIDENTAL?

Read the last author note first before you start. I have warned you.
~~~~~~~~

It was 5 in the morning and on the sets of YUDKBH (Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai) it wasn't a really pleasant environment. From last night 7pm the shoot had started and at this moment was put on halt because of unavailability of the actor to play pandit (priest).

A specific person with a drum size belly and half bald with fair skin was required but the artist cancelled so now a new one was to be arranged.

Unlucikily for ashdeep a real priest was passing by the set to get a couple married. Spot boy saw him and mistook him for support actor and said "aap late hai maharaj aur shaadi atki padi hai. We have a lot to keep, ab chale" poor guy meant schedule but priest took it as mahurat and repied "to mein bhi shaadi ke liye hi aaya hu chaliye"

Soon the shoot began and all were relieved that now the packup could be done. It was halfway through only main events of marriage were left like the nuptial rounds and after ceremony.

Ashdeep were doing pheras and Mrinal bhaiya was about to stop them when director gestured everybody to be quiet and told Randeep "Randeep ye aakhiri shot hai smile"

Ashdeep continue and as soon as director said cut it was 5 pheras taken and then Mrinal said "ye paanchva (5th) phera tha randeep. Tu ruka kyun nahi?"

It was shocking for everyone on set especially ashdeep, trying to process the information he replied. "bhai to bola kyun nahi, jab tujhe pata tha"

"tu kahan khoya tha?"

"I lost the count. Mein sir ka wait kar raha tha"

"Vo director sir ne sabko rok diya"

"vo mein shot mein focused tha" director defended himself. But in the aim to provide a plausible reason they all forgot another victim of the accident - Ashi, who was standing there scared.

It all turned out as a scandal shooting was put on halt. Producers came on set and the environment was tense. Everyone was sitting around, waiting for producers and it wasnt long before they showed up. Seeing the atmosphere so tense they tried to reason

Sumeet said "it wasnt real. If nothing pandit was fake, matra bhi nakli the, phere bhi paanch the saath nahi"

"Mein ek asli pandit hu yahan ek shaadi karwane aaya tha, aur riwaz ke hisab se 5 phere lekar ye dono bacche daampaty(couple) ho gaye hai" the priest injected from beside

"Panditji asli hai, mantr bhi the, aur ye shaadi bhi" Randeep explained

"Par kisi ne roka kyun nahi aur kisi ko pata nahi chala panditji asli hai. Kisi ko phero ka bhi pata nahi chala?" Sashi asked

"Ma'am ye meri galati hai, shot accha ho raha tha, aur me phero ka count bhul gaya" the director admitted

"to ab in dono ko?" Ayesha asked from beside Ashi seeing this discussion is not going anywhere

"ab shaadi to ho gayi hai par scene pura nahi hua hai. Pehle packup karte hai phir aage ka sochenge" as Randeep declared all looked at him wide eyed thinking either he lost a few screws or is traumatized but agreed nonetheless.

By 6am with rituals done, shot was taken and it was pack up but even though shoot was to carry on for another hour. Only, with the problem that arised nothing seemed important and all settled in a spot to find out what exactly happened. By now all were sent home and apart from Ashdeep, producers and director were the only were left with spot boy - Rajat and the priest. randeep was noticing ashi before and also now, something about her defensive demeanour worried him "ashi ko le jao vo thak gayi hai" he finally said.

By the time ashi was taken away to makeup room and girl gang was trying to calm her as she was cold and crying. Randeep was with producers inquiring Rajat as to why a real priest came to sets and found out spot dada was at fault. He didn't check anything coz of schedule rush.

"toh kya karna hai Randeep?" Sumeet asked but sashi answered instead "ye aise to nahi rehne de sakte, kuch to karna padega aur jaldi"

Randeep was deep in thought to listen to any of it. Thinking something he turned to Rajat "tum ghar jao. Ye bas ek misunderstanding thi" and next went to the priest "namaste panditji, ye aapki dakshana. Dhanyavaad" he joined hands and blessing him priest left. But what fruit will the blessing bear now? He thought.

Sumeet was surprised at such rational behaviour and scared to see him calm. He reminds Sumeet of his struggle days when he had responsibility of Sashi. After this he looks at Sashi, whose eyes too were on him too. Randeep on other hand was tired and standing there with his head hung down, sumeet wanted to console him and so he did "tum chinta mat karo. Ye unit ki galti hai isliye production responsibility lega, tumhe aur ashi ko compensate karega aur tumhare divorce ki bhi zimmedari humari" what Sumeet didn't see was his wife's hesitation.

"Thank you sir. I need one more help. From ma'am....... aap ashi ko ye bata sakti hai. Uspe ye sab.. achanak se mein abhi uske saamne..."

"Mein use bata ke aati hu" Sashi smiled faintly and left the men, while they waited after being told to rest by Sumeet but it was not that easy just to shut down after so much hassle so they waited.

Meanwhile, in makeup room it was another ruckus. The second victim of this accident denied to sober up and was continously crying from past 15 minutes. Still attempting Ayesha said "tu chinta mat kar sab sort ho jayega"

"ha aur maam aur sir bhi to hai baahar" Kristina seconded.

ashi was cold and her hands were shaking in fear coz this was huge for a 22 yr even in 2019. But she was alerted at his name "randeep thik hai? Uske liye bhi to ye sab. Madhu di aap jake deho na. kya decide hua"

Madhu sat in front of her holding her shaking hands in her own warm one "ashi... meri taraf dekh. Ye ek accident tha......sab thik ho jayega, teri shaadi hui hai tune bhag ke nahi ki. Tu abhi apne ghar jayegi aur normally hi rahegi.ye sab temporary hai, sab thik hoga."

By the time she calmed down and sipped on some water it's was almost 9. She should have been heading home now but who was in the state to even spare a glance to clock. Of course Sashi entered witnessed the scene and whispered her name not to scare her. Sitting in front of her she tried to explain her everything "Daro mat.... Kuch nahi hoga..." and tells her what has been decided. She didnt react so she continued "Is it okay for u, kuch aur hai iske bare mein to mujhe bata sakti ho. Ha?"

Her eyes finally rose to meet Sashi's and heard her voice above whisper "mummy papa ko kya bolun? Unhe kese ye sab..." her voice conveyed her fear clearly.

Of course Sashi had to take a moment before answering. What can she possibly say, they all forgot the mess after the storm was falling on Ashi's part to be cleaned but Sashi answered what came at the moment "hum unse baat karenge" saying this she left the room.

Sashi understood her delimma and with every step she took her heart told her it was a right decision to involve.

*****