Changes Are Good, Right?

~Mitch's POV~

(Okay let me clear this up. I only update every 24 hours for my grades are very important at the time. So sorry if I'm upsetting anyone.)

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something sparkle in the moon light.

I turned to see what it was, the man watching my every move move carefully.

I reached out and picked up the gold ring, out of curiosity I slipped it on my ring finger on my right hand, it felt just like the one Jerome had slid on my finger when I was about to die.

A wave of emotions hit me all at the same time and my eyes developed a new wave of tears.

"What got you all sad this time?" The man hissed.

"Jero-me'z d-de-ad!" The man rolled his eyes and grunted thinking of ways to get me to shut up.

"What are you doing to that girl?!" I heard a voice yell.

I felt that same presents I felt a few hours ago.

I turned around and saw a boy about my age with red hair black eyes.

He had headphones around his neck and wore a gray t-shirt.

"Well, kid. Don't judge before you know the story. I helped this girl get away from a rapist."

He looked back at me and gave me an 'if you dare.' Look.

I quickly nodded my head at his lie.

"Stop lying, I saw everything." A gun appeared in his hand and he held it up to the mans head.

"What the hell are you doing kid?!"

"My job."

Before he could pull the trigger, someone grabbed me by my hair and held a gun to my head.

"Stop!" My dad's voice yelled, "you shoot him, and I blow his brains out."

"Dad?! What are you d-doing?" His grip tightened in my hair and he pushed the gun into my mouth so I couldn't speak.

"Lower you weapon." My dad hissed.

The boy put down the gun and the man jumped on him and cuffed him.

"What's your name kid? You've got some nerve sneakin around during a crime scene." The man said pushing the boy to the car.

"I'm Echo," he smiled at me like he wasn't in hand cuffs, "and I'm your new guardian."