Final Stand

~Jerome's POV~

I woke up to an empty feeling in the room. Like something was missing, someone.

I walked ti the kitchen area and dug through the pantry.

"Mitch! Where's the chips?" I yelled I quickly covered my mouth not knowing why I just said some random persons name.

As I walked out of the kitchen something caught my eye, a note neatly written and signed by Mitch.

I hesitantly picked up the note and read it.

"Dear Jerome,

You might not remember anything but I want you to know I fixed everything! We won't have to live in a time loop anymore. But biggums i want you to live a happy life.

Love,

Mitch"

On the other side of the note was a picture of the cutest boy I've ever seen and a nearly invisible person next to him, when I looked closer I noticed it was me.

"Mitch." The name sounded so right with my voice, why couldn't I remember him?

I held the picture close feeling a connection, a rope connecting us together.

-one year later (read this with a sad voice not a sponge bob one)-

I was walking to my small paying job, I spent all my money on alcohol trying desperately to forget, the sadness in every word of that note.

"Mitch! Come back here! My ou can't be late for school again!" A woman's voice shouted, not long after that I felt small arms rap around my legs.

I turned around to see Mitch, like to one in the picture. But just a younger version, about thee years old.

"Oh hi there." I said sweetly to him and smiled, the first time I smiled in a year.

"You arrrre herome!" The mini Mitch cheered and hugged me again. "Shee? I never forgowt!"

"Neither did I."