New Life

~Mitch's POV~

I would think about Jerome once and a while but honestly I think I moved on.

I'm going back to collage to redo my year, it's the only chance I got to become a doctor.

'Ive always liked helping people and seeing them get better.'

"Bye mom." I said walking out of the door.

"What about me huh?" I heard my dad call from the kitchen, I shook it off and walked out.

I never felt Jerome's presents so he really must be.....gone.

Never really thing about him I managed to get a girlfriend, she's beautiful and sweet. I think she's the one.

"Hey! Mitch!" I looked over and the second I did I got shot in the face by a nerf gun.

Pulling the 'amo' off my forehead I glared at Ty who was holding the gun and Sky laughing his ass off.

"Haha. You're hilarious." I said sarcastically.

"Hey Mitch! Sky, Ty." I heard my girlfriend, Ellie say as she walked up.

Her golden hair flowing perfectly behind her and her longways moving gracefully.

"Hey biggums." I said unintentionally.

The second I said it, it made me think of Jerome, all he did for me.

'I never got to repay him for everything, much less say goodbye.'

"Haha. Are you making fun of my teeth?" She said showing her perfectly white and straight teeth.

"No." I said with a sarcastic tone.

She jumped on me making me give her a piggy back ride.

(That's right he calls them that deal with it)

Ty stared at me and smiled.

"I bet, Jerome's coming back!" I yelled after me.

I started picking up the pace knowing I couldn't run from my past.

"And he's gonna be pissed!" Sky yelled teasingly.

I rolled my eyes and exaggerated it so much Ellie had to have noticed.

"They sure like talking about that old friend." He said, motioning me to put her down.

"Ya. AND THEY DO IT A LOT!" I yelled the last part making sure they heard it.

Ellie smiled at me and took my hand.

"They care about you." She said and leaned her head on my shoulder as we walked.

It wasn't easy holding back my tears, but I had practice.

When my dad abused me for pleasure, he'd spank me if I started crying. Then went on how he didn't raise a wimp.

'Jerome's gone Mitch. It's okay. You have Ellie now.' Every part of me was happy except that one little tiny voice in the back of my head wanting Jerome.