Follow Where You Lead

FLASHBACK

"In five, four, three, two This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Okay, so here's the plan. One, you'll drop in from the roof. Two, you'll wait until you hear him. Three, make sure you Rumor one so that he shoots his friend, but make it nonlethal. I don't fancy doing any unnecessary or excessive healing. Five, you come in with Three but stay hidden until the time is right. You'll know when that is. Six, you and Four will stick with me. If things get choppy, we'll have to send you in. Otherwise, lets keep you guys out of the line of fire."

Katherine had been the unofficial leader of the group for this mission, much to Luther's chagrin. Therefore, she was making her best effort to keep everyone safe and informed.

"Are we ready?" She asked, looking at the others who simply nodded. "Great. Let's get this show on the road."

Allison, Diego, Kat, Ben, Five, and Klaus all made their way in, waiting for their moment to intervene came.

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" One of the men yelled. Allison looked back to Kat for confirmation, and the girl gave her a nod.

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit! Hey, get back with the others." He said, finally realizing that Allison had approached him.

"I heard a rumor." She taunted.

"What? What did you say?"

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot."

Sure enough, the man's eyes clouded over and he did exactly what Allison had rumored him to do.

Chaos quickly broke out at the other armed robbers began to clammer for cover. Luther dropped through the ceiling, causing glass to fly everywhere, and people to scream. Kat tapped Diego on the arm signaling for him to make his entrance.

He ran in without hesitation, pulling out his weapons. "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives!" He yelled before throwing and curving his blades.

Almost all of the men had been dealt with, so Kat felt that it was safe to bring her brothers out to watch the events unfold. She took Ben's left hand and Klaus's right, leading them out.

One man stood on the counter with his gun shaking in his hand as the siblings surrounded him. "Get back, you freaks."

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy." Diego called.

"Get back now!"

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Kat snickered.

"Or what?" Five asked, suddenly appearing behing the man. In the blink of an eye, he had spatial jumped to the opposite side. Five smirked as the man went to hold up his gun, which had been traded out for a stapler. "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!"

Five slammed the office supply against the guy's head, effectively knocking him out.

Katherine looked up at him proudly as he jumped down. Luther cleared his throat loudly, causing her to look over at him as he jerked his head towards the vault. Kat sighed in understanding and looked at Ben.

"I know you hate doing it. But it's a necessity. I wouldn't ask you to do it if it wasn't." Kat said, squeezing the boy's hand.

"Do we really have to do this?" He asked the others.

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault." Luther reminded.

"I didn't sign up for this." He sighed and let go of Kat's hand, entering the room.

Within moments, they could hear the Beast screaming, as well as every bad guy inside. Ben came back out, covered in gore and breathing heavily. "Can we go home now?"

Kat gave a sympathetic smile. "Dad wants us to go face the public first. Klaus, will you go help Ben clean up a bit?"

Klaus nodded and gladly went to the bathroom with Ben.

"Right, then. Is anyone hurt?" The girl asked.

Luther stepped forward and held out his hand, which had a sizeable piece of glass in it. "Think you could help me out?" He asked, seemingly embarrassed.

Kat simply nodded and got to work, letting her power flow through her fingertips into him. Within seconds, it was like the wound had never been there in the first place.

"Thank you." He said quietly.

She nodded and stepped back silently. A few minutes of awkward silence passed and finally Klaus and Ben returned. Luther proudly stepped forward and led them out the doors, Katherine dejectedly taking her place in the back of the line. When they made it out the door, she plastered on a brilliant artificial smile and put a bounce in her step. They came to a stop, where she stood beside Ben who was still mildly tinged with red.

There were reporters yelling questions so loudly that she could barely hear herself think, and it was doing her nerves in. Diego stood behind her and could feel the energy coming off of her in waves. He put a subtle hand on her shoulder and Ben leaned into her side. The energy seemed to subside a bit, and she found it easier to focus.

"Jim Hellerman, Channel 2 News. How did you get in the bank?"

"What happened inside?"

Reginald Hargreeves joined his young wards in order to introduce them to the public officially. "Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted six such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr.Hargreeves. Channel 9 News. What happened to their parents?"

"They were suitably compensated."

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?"

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world."

A.N.- I know this is a bit shorter than the other chapters, but I thought it was the most natural place to cut it off. The next chapter should be longer in order to make up for it!! Xoxx