Mommy Dearest

Kat and Diego were on their way to the Academy after recieving a phone call from Allison talking about needing them there for a family meeting.

"I dunno, Diego, Alli sounded really upset. And she said it was about mom. I'm worried." Kat said as they pulled to a stop.

"I know, babe. Let's just go and see what all the fuss is about. You know Allison, she's always been overdramatic." He said, trying to reassure both of them.

Kat nodded and got out of the car, making her way in the house.

A few minutes later, the Hargreeves family sat in the living area in deep discussion.

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked skeptically.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther countered.

"You can't say much, you've been gone for four years, Luther. Besides, if he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report." Kat reasoned.

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." He snapped.

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision. And your self preservation instinct, since you suddenly think it's okay to talk to her like that." Diego snarled.

Luther ignored his brother and brought up the video clip. "Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up."

"Monocle's gone."

"Oh, yeah!" Klaus said, finally seeing it.

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was taking it. To clean it."

Luther turned to look at his siblings. "Then where is it? No, I've searched the house, including her things. She doesn't have it."

"She doesn't have it." Kat confirmed, looking to Diego and nodding for him to tell them.

"That's because I took it from her. After the funeral." He divulged.

"You've had the monocle this whole time?" Luther pressed.

"What the hell, Diego?" Allison finally spoke up.

"Give it to me."

"I threw it away." Diego said with a shrug.

"You what?"

"Look, I knew that if you found it on Mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now."

"Diego, you son of a bitch." Luther growled, stalking towards Diego.

Vanya stood, just at Kat took a defensive stance in front of Diego.

"Hey. No. Calm down." Vanya said, rather panicked. "Look, I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but also as a protector."

"What does that mean?" Diego inquired.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy."

"Well, if her hardware is degrading, then - We need to turn her off." Luther said, causing half of the room to tense up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things, I've seen it!" Diego argued.

"She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die."

"I'm with Luther." Allison said quietly.

"Surprise, surprise." Diego, scoffed as he took Kat's hand, ignoring the small sparks of energy she was emitting.

"Shut up."