I'm Not Okay

I'M SO SO SORRY

"Just shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up. Everybody, just everybody just shut up, please shut up. Jesus, you guys are worse than the drugs." Klais groaned.

Ben had taken a place perched on the bed by Kat's chair as Klaus dealt with the gruesome spirits that surrounded them.

"He's doing well, all things considered." Ben said to his sister.

Kat had almost fully healed from her wounds, but she was still weak, thanks to the severity of what she had been healing. She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah. I just hate that it took this for him to get cleaned up."

Hazel and Cha-Cha exited the bathroom with cold looks. Hazel looked slightly softer, something that did not escape Kat's attention.

"Swiss Alps, huh? Which one are you? Cha-Cha or Hazel?" Klaus asked smugly.

"Hazel."

"Jan Mueller. Remember him? Swiss Alps. Him and his wife were coming back from a ski trip."

"I remember. Forward. Reverse!" Cha-Cha exclaimed, the memory playing back in her head.

"Yeah, that's it! Yeah! And his wife escaped down an alleyway. He says to say thank you."

There was the bombshell.

"What's he talking about?"

"I don't know." Hazel said, attempting to brush it off.

:He was so grateful to you, Hazel, for having spared his wife. You know, there may be hope for him yet. Don't you think?" Klaus said with a chuckle.

"Bathroom, now!" Cha-Cha snapped.

The door slammed behind them, and Ben looked over at Klaus with a proud smile. "Nicely done."

"Thank you."

Kat smirked at Klaus. "You're doing pretty good. But you're in deep shit."

"What. Why?" Klaus asked, suddenly panicked that his favorite sibling was unhappy with him.

"Why didn't you tell me you could see Ben all this time? How long has it been?" Kat asked, pained. Klaus knew how much it broke her when Ben died.

"I'm sorry, honey. I just needed to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It's not something I kept from you in order to intentionally hurt you. I love you to bits." Klaus said, wanting nothing more than to reach over and give her a tight hug.

"I know. I love you too. More than you will ever know." She said, her chest tight. Why did this moment feel so much like they were saying goodbye?

Klaus clenched his jaw as the spirits riled up again. "Jan says you're a real mensch, Hazel." He called. "He said you were such a great-"

Cha-Cha stormed out of the bathroom and grabbed the tape, ripping off a piece.

"No. No! No!" Klaus managed to say before she slammed the tape over his mouth.

"Ya know, you're a real dumb bitch. You think that just because you told Five we're here means that he's gonna come for us?" Kat scoffed, causing Cha-Cha to stop in her tracks and smile wickedly.

"Oh, sweetie." She said condescendingly. "We didn't say anything about you. Because the only thing they're gonna find of you is a body once I've figured out how to put you down permanently." She ripped off another piece of tape and slammed it on Kat's face, savoring the way the girl's face fell and turned pasty white.

"Now shut up!" She yelled at the siblings, slamming the bathroom door behind her.

Klaus took this chance to scoot his chair towards the window in hopes of catching someone's attention. A shadow passed the window and Klaus immediately took action, screaming as loudly as possible with the tape on his mouth. Katherine slowly scooted her way over to him, yelling the best she could.