Chapter Fourteen

As Robertson drove over a pothole, Cheverston jolted awake.

His hands were tied behind his back with handcuffs. He tried getting free but it was ineffective.

Robertson calmly drove next to the woods, his fingers drumming on the steering wheel as the music played.

Cheverston lay back in his seat and laughed loudly. Robertson wasn't fazed by him and kept his gaze focused on the road ahead.

"You'll never find her," he snarled. "She's probably getting raped again."

Robertson's grip tightened around the steering wheel, his knuckles white, jaw clenched as Cheverston smirked.

"Or maybe McGee killed her, you know, she's one whining bitch."

Cheverstons smirk deepened. "You should of heard the noises she made with me."

Robertson slammed down on the breaks and Cheverston went flying forward and smacked his head on the dashboard.

If it wasn't for his seatbelt he'd be out the window.

He groaned as blood oozed from his head but he laughed all the same as Robertson gripped him by the neck, slamming his head back into the seat.

Robertson's fingers squeezed on his windpipe as Cheverston struggled to breath.

"I think I'm reconsidering going down the station," Robertson spat in his face. "I might just kill you myself."

Cheverston choked a laugh. "You don't have the balls to do it."

Robertson pulled his gun from his waistband, pulling his hand from Cheverstons throat and aimed his pistol at the side of his temple.

Robertson cocked his head slightly to the side with a teasing grin. "Challenge accepted."

Cheverstons breath quickened as Robertson clicked the safety off, no mercy on his face.

"Can't we talk about this?" Cheverston squirmed in his seat.

"We are talking." Robertson replied flatly.

"Now tell me where she is or," Robertson aimed the gun at Cheverston's man hood. "Or I blow it."

Cheverston snarled. "I'm not telling you shit."

Robertson pulled the trigger.

Cheverston let out a high pitched scream and cried out in pain. Robertson repositioned his gun to Cheverstons head.

"I won't ask again."

"Alright," Cheverston gave in. "Alright."

Robertson smiled and tucked away his gun and started up the car. "Now are you going to tell me where she is or do I have to shoot you again?"

Cheverston gritted his teeth. "Just start the fucking car."

Robertson started the car up and drove onwards. "Just drive onwards for three miles then take a right."

Robertson concentrated hard on the road ahead as Cheverston sat in silence, the pain increasing as they went over potholes.

"There's one thing you forgot Ryan," Cheverston said with a wide smirk.

"And what's that Darren?"

"I was trained to be a cop as well."

Cheverston acted immediately and slammed Robertson's head onto the steerwheeling and steered the car sideways, flipping it and into a tree.

Robertson groaned as his vision blurred from the blood rolling down the side of his head.

Cheverston had gotten out of the upside car and was already working on getting Robertson out of the vehicle.

Robertson hissed and let out a roar of pain as Cheverston dragged him out of the battered car.

Robertson lay on the floor, weak and painful. His vision was blurred from the loss of blood.

Cheverston panted above him, a few droplets of blood dripping down his face and pants.

Cheverston held up the unlocked cuffs that were once around his wrists. He looked at Robertson a smile on his face.

He crouched next to Robertson and gripped him by his blooded shirt. "You should of killed me while you had the chance Ryan."

Robertson coughed up blood and grunted as the pain tightened in his chest. He figured his ribs were broken since he found it hard to breath.

Cheverston spun the cuffs on his finger and eventually stuffed them in his back pocket and stood above Robertson with his bloody hand formed into a fist.

As he brought his fist down onto Robertson's face as he spoke. "Sweet Dreams, Ryan."

~
McGee sat in the kitchen drinking blood from one his latest victims with an eyeball as an ornament on the side.

His phone buzzed and he looked down to see a text from Cheverston that read:

Meet me in the Basement

Furrowing his brows, he finished his drink, tossed the glass into the sink and made his way down the basement.

He flickered the light on and made his way down the stairs, his footsteps heavy with each step.

He descended the stairs and walked around the filthy basement, scratching his head as he searched in the darkness for Cheverston.

"Darren!" He called out.

There was no reply.

The door to the basement slammed shut and the light flickered off.

McGee searched through the darkness but couldn't make out any shapes that could help him.

McGee suddenly began to feel tired and he began to stumble back and forward.

The light flickered on above his head and he made out a figure at the top of the stairs.

It was Jade with a large knife in her right hand.

She descended the stairs and stood above McGee as he fell to the floor, slowly losing consciousness.

She smiled cruelly down at him as she shifted the knife in her hand.

She spoke in a low venomous voice that would scare anyone. "Hello McGee."