Chapter 6

“Oh my God.” Jackie exclaimed as she walked in slowly. “Patrick?” Jackie asked the four year old that was standing in front of her.

“Yes Mummy.”

Jackie burst into tears and hugged him. Jack stood smiling. “How….how is he so young still? Come to think of it how are you 46 and I’m 34?”

“I pulled a favour from God.”

Jackie smiled and stood up holding her son. “He looks so much like you Jack.”

Jack bushed. “He looks like you.”

Jackie gently kissed his head. “I love you Patrick.”

“Love you too Mummy.”

“You should put him to bed it’s getting late.” Jack said. Jackie turned and looked outside, it was dark out. “Come on then son.” Jackie said as she helped Patrick into bed.

After tucking him in Jack led her downstairs. “Jackie, come with me.”

“Ok…..Where we going?”

Jack grinned and led her to the bedroom. “I want to snuggle.” Jackie giggled and joined him on the bed. She rested her head on his chest while he held her close playing with her hair.

“So tell me what Ed’s like.” Jack said.

Jackie turned and looked at him. “He’s nice, quiet but boring compared to us two.” Jack laughed. “Now that I believe.”

“How’s John’s love life?”

“Well it’s a little complicated. He isn’t in a relationship at the moment.”

Jack nodded. “Does he take after me?”

Jackie glared at him. “A little.”

Jack kissed her and slowly traced her body with his hand. Jackie moaned and wrapped her arms round his neck kissing him back passionately. She quickly pulled him under the duvet. They’d been apart far too long.