Chapter 10

Caroline and John were standing at the edge of their mother’s grave. She was just about to be buried.

John backed away slowly and moved over to his Dad’s grave. He bent down slowly and kissed his fingers before placing his hand on his Dad’s headstone. “I love you Dad, take good care of Mum. She’s missed you.”

He rarely came to Arlington it brought back to many memories. He felt a hand on his shoulder. Caroline was there. “It’s okay John, it’s okay.”

He nodded and stood up. “It sure is buttons.” Caroline laughed slightly. “Shut up Sam.”

John grinned. “We’ll be fine.”

“We will.”

Jack and Jackie

The former First Couple were sitting watching the funeral. “You really did a wonderful job with our children.”

Jackie blushed. “Thank you. I tried to include as much of you as possible.”

“I know.”

They were both silent. “Just look at my little buttons and Sam, they’ve grown into wonderful adults.” Jack said blushing with pride. “Come on let’s go a walk.” Jack said taking her hand. She nodded and followed.

As they walked along the beach Jack kept an arm round her waist. “Jackie, I’ve waited 31 years for us to be together again, to have my Mrs Kennedy again and it has been the best feeling ever to have you with me again. I’ve missed you and I feel you’ve completed me.”

Jackie smiled childishly. “I said something just after your death, I said no one will ever know that a big part of me died with him and I consider my life over and I’ll spend the rest of my life waiting for it to be really over. But now Jack, I’m so glad to be with you again so we can be Mr and Mrs Kennedy, I’ve missed being called it.”

Jack hugged her tightly. “Oh Jackie it must have been so hard for you, I feel so guilty.”

“Jack it wasn’t your fault. We’re together now.”

Jack grinned. “We are.”

“I love you John Fitzgerald Kennedy.” Jackie whispered as she kissed his cheek.

“I love you too Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy.”

Jackie smiled and kissed him deeply. The sun was setting and they stood there in each other’s arms, in no rush to move. After 31 years it was time from Mr and Mrs Kennedy to rekindle their love and continue their life together after a long time apart.

---------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading. I know it was a bit different but i just wanted to see them end up together. Hope you enjoyed it! :)