Chapter 9

“Jack?” Jackie asked as she rested her head on his chest. They were lying on the beach watching the waves, enjoying each other’s company.

“Hmmm?”

“Since I’ve met Patrick, will I get to meet Arabella?”

Jack grinned. “You will, she’s older than Patrick but she’s only ten.”

Jackie smiled. “I like the fact that their still young and that you’re young.”

“I know it’s great.”

They were lying on the beach when they heard footsteps. Jack looked up. “Oh hey Joe.”

“Hi Jack.”

“This is my wife Jackie.”

Jackie smiled and got to her feet. She hugged her brother in law. “I’ve heard so much about you.”

“I’ve heard about you too Mrs best wife, lover, mum and women ever.” Joe teased.

Jackie laughed. “Jack what have you been telling your brother?”

“The truth.”

She blushed and slowly slipped her hand into his. “I just came to say Kick wants to meet Jackie.”

Jack nodded. “Tell her to come over tonight.”

“Will do see you later.” Joe said before wondering away.

Jack wrapped his wife in his arms and kissed her. She moaned softly when they heard someone clear their throat. Jackie turned quickly to find a girl about the age of ten standing; she looked like Caroline when she was that age. Jackie walked timidly towards her and crouched down. “Arabella?”

The girl nodded. “Mummy.”

Jackie felt tears in her eyes as she embraced her daughter. “I love you.”

“I love you too mummy. Daddy’s told me so much about you, Caroline and John.”

“I’ll look after you.”

“Thank you.”

Jack stood silently feeling choked up watching this meeting. It broke his heart that they had been apart so long.

Later that day

Jackie was sitting playing a game of cards with Arabella while Jack looked on. Suddenly Kick and Billy burst in. Jackie met her eyes. “Hi.”

“Hi Jackie.” Kick smiled. “It’s lovely to finally meet you.”

“It is. I’ve heard so much about you.” Jackie replied as she hugged her sister in law.

Jack quickly pulled Jackie into him. He never wanted to leave her ever again.

An Hour Later

The two couples were sitting chatting when Bobby and Joe came in. “Isn’t this like old times?” Jackie asked.

“It is but it’s nice to have Joe and Kick with us.”

“That it is.”

After they’d all left, Jack and Jackie lay snuggled together on the sofa. “I love you so much kid.”

Jackie blushed. “I love you too bunny.”