Chapter 3- Judy Hopps

Alice's POV:
I woke up to the smell of waffles and eggs. I yawned and saw Nick making breakfast in the kitchen. I walked in and he noticed me up.

" Oh hey Alice, I didn't know if you were a predator or prey so I just made what I had if that's okay with you" So they ask if your predator or prey. "We are practically both in our world so it's fine" He looked relived. "Oh ok thank goodness. That would've been a breakfast waste" he smirked in response and I laughed back.

'After Breakfast'

"Ready to go Alice?" Nick was always that green patterned shirt. "Hey Nick?" He looked up from his phone. "Mmm?" I always wanted to ask this. "Why do you always wear that shirt?" He slightly frowned but then smirked "For an important reason, Come on Judy is waiting. I have explained everything about you on the phone" Nick and me headed out the door but I'm still concerned on why he frowned.

Judy's POV:
I waited for Nick to arrive with this Alice girl. She sounded nice but what is a human though? I saw Nick coming over with who I presumed to be Alice and I could tell she was just as shy as I am.

"Hi I'm Alice" She put out her...paw? I gladly shook it. "Officer Judy Hopps, pleasure to meet you" Nick looked happy. "You are very cute" Alice said to me. Nick began smirking again. "I called you that when a first met you also Carrots" he held back from laughing. I frowned. "Don't worry, I meant it as a compliment" Something about her smile made me feel reassured so I smiled back and we all sat down to talk.

Alice's POV:
Judy is a really funny bunny and I loved hearing her inspiration on how she wanted to make the world a better place. She and I had a girl talk when Nick received a call.

"So how did you find my pen?" I shrugged. "I found it near the side of the road. When did you last have it?" I asked back "It was in my pocket but I was on a chase to catch a criminal in the rainforest district when it fell out" That must explain why I found it near a bunch of trees by the side of the road. "You know Alice? You are a really wonderful person" I smiled. "You two Judy." She smiled back.

Nick came back with a worried expression on his face. "Nick, are you okay?" Judy asks concerned. "Can I talk with you a second Carrots?" She nodded and went with him. I was left on my own to watch the view of the city and it was beautiful. How the sun shines over the city, I feel like I could do anything.

Nick eventually came back but Judy had left. "What's going on?" He offered me a paw and I took it as he helped me up. "Alice, we need to talk" I was worried but Nick looked more worried.

Nick's POV:
"Basically, the Chief at the police station wants me and Judy to take you in for experiments." I saw how quick her emotion changed. "Are you going to take me in?"

'Flashback to the phone call'

"Wilde, I have been informed that you have been hanging out with a different species. An otter explains that they saw it walking with you." It is a she. "Now unless you don't want to lose your job, I suggest you hand it in" How dare he. "But sir, she is just a kid" he groaned "I don't care Wilde, I'm following the law and I suggest you do to" The chief then hung up.

'End of flashback'

"No, I'm not going to turn you in" She looked up shocked. "Really?" I nodded smirking my causal look. "Thanks Nick" We began to walk home until we heard sirens and Judy was there. "I tried to stop them!" I grabbed Alice and helped her close to me. "I won't let them take you." It may have been just me, but she snuggled into me, which made me smirk.