Chapter 3: Just Great

While at Jeff Hardy's, my bandmate and friend's house, I ask him a question.

"So, you and the new girl from Africa?"

"She seems very friendly, Tyler. Not to mention she's very smart. She even knows about prepositions in English, Swahili, and Swedish"

"Yo that is sick! She's very smart. Just your type for a hard worker like you, but uhhhh, I wanna know something Jeff?"

"What is it dude?"

"Well, I just-" Then I get interrupted by a phone call from Jess.

"One second, Jeff. Talk to me, Jess"

"I'll be there in five minutes bros."

"What took you so long Jess?"

"I had to go straight home to clean up my room or otherwise my mother would have went ballistic on me!"

"We get it. You had to do what you had to do. Right Jeff?"

Jeff gives me a nod and says, "Preach"

Jess says, "I'm very close answer when you hear a knock."

"Okay sure" We both hang up.

I turn to Jeff and say, "Well, I just wanted to know what you thought about Karen Smith?"

"You mean dumb blonde that's a part of the Plastics? Hehe I'll take a pass."

"Come on, dude. Give her a shot. She is really, really nice when you get to know her, not as mean as Regina."

"Yeah, true, but she is dumb as post, and narrow-minded like a damn river"

We both laugh.

"But seriously, at least consider it."

"How you would know if Karen likes me?"

"It was Gretchen that told me."

"How do you know Gretchen?"

I wanted to tell him about out secret friendship that is still ongoing. But I only told him this:

"We grew up together. Her family knows my family and everything is casual between us."

"Okay, I can buy into this. But to be honest, I don't want Karen. I want Cady."

"Well, here's the deal buddy boy, ask her that you need with literature homework. And you can do the rest on your own, right?"

"Ahhhh, the classic bait and switch, never gets old doesn't it Ty?"

"Nope, never does Jeffy"

The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it Ty."

It was Jess. I had already gotten into the kitchen by then.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late. Where's Ty?"

I Pop out the kitchen with Oreo's and say, "Anybody hungry?"

"Ubercool, Ty!" Says Jess.

So yeah the rest of that day we studied. Then we wrote our next hit. It was entitled, "Resurrected". It was all Jeff's Idea. We wanted to do some composing but it was getting dark. I bid my bandmates Farewell and hop in my car.

I get a call as I start it up.

"Hey its Gretch"

"Yo It's Ty."

"So. What's the verdict?"

"For what? Wait, oh, right the whole matchmaking thing"

"Soooooo....the news."