Chapter 4.5: The Big Gig

(NOTE: No Dialogue)

A few weeks later. I go on reconnaissance for Cady as usual since our, "unspoken conversation " went so well. Cady is now a member of the Plastics and a friend of mine shared with Janis. I suspect that Cady may be running recon for Janis as a double agent because I did overhear them speaking badly of Regina George but I never spoke on it. Not like I was spying or whatnot I just heard Janis' loud voice in the girl's bathroom. In 2nd period, while I spoke to Aaron about what he thinks about Cady he lets slip out that his buddy Chris is having a party near Halloween time and he wants Peroxwhy?gen to be there and perform. Realizing how much of a grand opportunity this is, I had no choice but to accept. I asked if he invited Cady and Aaron said he didn't invite her yet. That gives me clear indications that might have returning feelings for Cady. Plus, this will give Cady the chance to see our band perform to Jeff's delight at least. I still kept secret how Cady liked Aaron. But  the day of the party came and I didn't want to wear a costume so I showed in my Break Master suit from Sega with my driving gloves. Jeff dressed as Daredevil which is very fitting considering his fun, carefree personality. Jess came as a witch. We hauled our equipment through our cars. I carried the drum set while Jess had the guitar and amps in her prius.
We get to the party, and it's turnt the fuck up. I notice Karen Smith dressed as a mouse and recently she has gotten over her crush Jeff in favor for Seth Mosakowski. Which is very weird cuz that's her cousin. I also noticed that Gretchen is also at the party, wearing the sexiest catsuit I have ever seen. I would only hope she would see me perform with my bandmates. Cady steps in the scene as a zombie bride. Or as she called it, "an ex-wife". That's smart humor for you. Jeff told her about us performing tonight. Which put her hopes in great positing. The smile that both she and Jeff had on their faces lit up the room.
I look on the corner of my eye and see Karen mosey away from Gretchen. There was my opportunity. I put on my shades so I wouldn't be seen and I go up to her. She gives me a hug and then we talk about school, us performing, catching up. Then we point out Regina George talking to Aaron from afar and Cady is watching. Jeff was nowhere to be seen near Cady so I dismissed him as "going to the bathroom". I also get the conformation that Regina and Aaron are exes. I am Hella stunned at what we saw next. We saw Regina make out with Aaron in front of Cady. Cady stormed off in disgust and left the party. I hoped that she was alright. Then I asked Gretchen about Jason, surprisingly the conversation went fairly well. She pretty told me that, she knows he's a bad guy. Unbeknownst to me, the day me and Jeff were at the Mall, the Plastics were there, even Cady. They also saw what we saw. She also told me about Regina posing as a planned parenthood doctor in order to get that girl off of Jason for her. That made my toleration for Regina sink even lower. I did not want to communicate to Gretchen that I was mad at her because I know how much of good friends they are. I did not want to ruin that at all. I asked her if she was considering going back to him or staying single. But she said to me that she's confused right now. I was puzzled at that idea, I just took it as a closed gap between us due to her lack of clarity of what she wants. I still want to tell her how I felt but a party was not the time or place for it. Or she could be hiding her true intentions.

So we were on, flash forward to the performance, we end up playing Limp Bizkits "Crack Addict" , Saliva's "Superstar", and Drowning Pool's, "Tear Away".

Gretchen and Karen were boogieing on down. Regina and Aaron were bopping their heads, even though I felt Regina snark at me a few times when her back was turned. Did she notice me talk to Gretchen alone? I would never know. I would never know.

(End of Soliloquy)