Chapter 6:A Plastic Split

"Dad, can I ask you something?"

"Sure son, I am your father. Ask me anything, Tyler."

"What is it like when you know someone for so long, so much so that you become attached to them?"

"It sounds like you have some things that you're leaving unsaid to this person, son. Who is it?"

"Remember when the Wieners family used to live next to us?"

"Yes, I do."

"I've fallen in love with their daughter, Gretchen."

"Son, not to burst your bubble but it was obvious. You guys were inseparable when you guys were younger."

"Dad, you have no idea how much I would want that for the present."

"Well if you want it so bad son, go after it."

"I can't. She's a member of clique that whose leader doesn't approve of me or the rest of my band."

"Why should one person stop you from getting what you desire? You're a king, you tell yourself that every morning don't you? Act like it. Own it."

"I don't wanna to embarrass her or me. Especially not in front of her leader."

"Who's her leader?"

"Some bimbo named Regina George. She's one of those airhead type of girls but she is VERY controlling due to her status as the "Queen Bee" of North Shore."

"Who cares about that. What's more important is what you and Gretchen have. Y'all built that tree house in our backyard. You two would sleep over here on a regular. Don't fear nothing when it comes to love, son. Be honest to yourself, and don't what's left unsaid pile up. If you do, they lose meaning and value. You'll know when to say what you feel. Now, I gotta go to work. Finish your breakfast. Love you, Son." Dad says as he exits the door.

"Thanks, Dad. Love you too." I say as he leaves.

I finish my breakfast and dump off to school. Quick update for you, Aaron and Regina are currently split up due to Cady telling him that she cheated on him with Shane Oman. We got a brand new student in our 3rd period English Writing class, her name was Beth, and you guessed it Jeff was attracted to her. Me and Gretchen are still best friends amidst her confusion.

Day goes by as usual. I go to lunch and sit down with Jeff and the rest of the Art Freaks.

"So, how are things with you and Beth?"

"Dude, she's really cool. I'm thinking of asking her out."

Outta nowhere I hear Gretchen in her annoyed voice say, "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!"

My eyes widen as I look toward her direction. Then I hear Regina say, "Fine, you can walk home bitches."
As she gets up to leave.

"Regina." I say under my breath.

Jess taps me on the shoulder and says, "Ty, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Anyways....."

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING FAT ASS!" I hear coming from that same direction. My table started laughing.

We continue to banter and then it goes to 5th period History. Gretchen sits right next to me. Looks at me and smiles. I smile back. Then she breaks the ice and whispers to me, "Can you drive me home today?"

"Sure thing, doll."

Gretchen blushes at me and says. "Regina is a real Bitch today."

"Isn't she always?" I say sarcastically.