Chapter 11: the Proposal

TIMESKIIIIIP
(2 years later)

Just another update by yours truly, Tyler Wilson. Man, the case of my shooting/murder attempt was arduous. At the trial, the jury found him guilty. Took them a whole damn week to do so as the defense lawyer tried the good old 'reasonable doubt' trick. (No Jay-Z pun intended) Once the FBI was done running prints on the. 45 caliber pistol and the ammunition it was loaded with they presented it to us and the prosecution lawyer. Soon after, they presented it to the court. That sealed the deal, Jason's prints were on both the gun and the ammunition. Hell, to back it up, Jeff testified for me saying that he tackled him along with the unwounded guard which led to Jason dropping that gun. Once apprehended, the police recovered it and gave it to the FBI for print testing. 
Other witnesses stepped up, even my baby Gretchen who was crying out of anger. The judge ended up sentencing Jason to 6 years in prison with a chance of parole after his 5th year for attempted murder as a result. With him behind bars, we couldn't trust that alone. Once he gets out, we will have a restraining order out against him that if he so violates, he'd be going back to prison for much longer.
On top of that, my shoulder healed and the bullet isn't lodged in there, Thank God. Gretchen told me while we were making love that the scar is like a sun tattoo and it turned her on even more. Thank you too, Jason for helping me make the girl you desperately want soaking wet by your assassination attempt! Hahaha.

Life was at peace. Peroxwhy?gen, our band, released our first album: Similar Creatures. We upgraded from performing at schools to performing at nightclubs. After graduation, me and Gretchen went to City Colleges for Illinois for two years and are now transferring to Illinois State University.

Jeff, Beth, Jess, and company mostly followed suit. Cady decided to move to Indiana with Aaron to pursue a zoology career. Janis Ian and Damian went to an art school in Peoria. Karen Smith had to stay in Community College due to her failed Statistics course, but she's doing well having gotten a job at a local newspaper bulletin, and no she isn't smashing her cousin, Seth. Regina went to a separate college from us but she too is transferring to Illinois state.

The present day is 3/14/07.
Me and Gretchen's three year anniversary. I had agreed to take her out for a dinner spot I had reservations for. Fancy, yes. Pricey, yes. Worth it? ABSOLUTELY! I saved every check I earned from my retail job to do this for my girl, not to mention I have something a little extra on the side for her.

That night. I'm chilling in black pinstripe suit with a fedora to match and a red undershirt. To match me, Gretchen had on this super hot red velvet dress with a bow on the back of it with the expensive gold hoop earrings that Regina once banned her from wearing. Her hair as usual, in those hot curls that I just adored. I ate a steak, corn, and steamed vegetables for my meal. Gretchen had some fettuccine with a garden salad. We decided to roll with apple cider as weren't old enough to drink yet. We splitter two slices of chocolate cake for dessert. Man were we full.

"Ahhhh, that hit the spot." I say to Gretchen.

"I agree Ty, this was so fetch. Thank you for going this far for our 3 year anniversary. " She says to me.

"This night isn't over yet" Then I look to the waiter and said, "Check, please?"

We go half on the tab and then I took her back to my home. We decided to stumble upon the back of the house where I decided to execute my surprise.

"Honey, you know how much I love you, right?" I ask Gretchen.

"Yes, and shouldn't I be asking that question?" She shoots back.

"You have every right, but I knew how much you loved me since you spent that night in the hospital with me as I laid unconscious."

"Tyler, I love you to death. I couldn't stand there and watch you go down like that. It would hurt me forever. And if you would have died.....(sniffs) I wouldn't know what to do or be without you." She says as she starts to tear up.

"Baby, don't cry. I ain't going nowhere. God has declared that I'm too young to die. I'm glad you feel the same way." I say while hugging her.

Feeling her tears on my suit I utter, "Girl, you just don't know, how far I'll go for you, and how far I'll go with you. If I shoot for the moon and miss I'll be amongst a star. A shining star like you. Let me show you how much I think, feel, and love about you." I say as I pull away holding her hands. 

We walk toward the treehouse we built many years ago. I start to sing, "You Rock My World" by Michael Jackson to her.

♪My life will never be the same
'Cause girl, you came and changed
The way I walk
The way I talk
I cannot explain these things I feel for you
But girl, you know it's true
Stay with me, fulfill my dreams
And I'll be all you'll need♪

♪Oh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, it feels so right (Girl)
I've searched for the perfect love all my life (All my life)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, it feels like I (Like I)
Have finally found her perfect love is mine (See)
And I finally found, come on, girl♪

[Chorus]
♪You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give (You rocked my world)
The rarest love who'd think I'd find
Someone like you to call mine (You rocked my world)
You rocked my world, you know you did (Girl)
And everything I own I give (Come on, girl)
The rarest love who'd think I'd find
Someone like you to call mine♪

[Verse 2]
♪In time I knew that love would bring
This happiness to me
I tried to keep my sanity
I waited patiently
Girl, you know it seems
My life is so complete
A love that's true because of you
Keep doing what you do♪

♪Oh, oh, oh, oh, who'd think that I (Oh)
Have finally found the perfect love I searched for all my life (Searched for all my life)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, who'd think I'd find
(Whoa oh oh)
Such a perfect love that's awesomely so right (Whoa, girl)♪

[Chorus]
♪You rocked my world, you know you did (Come on, come on, come on, come on)
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who'd think I'd find (Girl)
Someone like you to call mine (You rocked my world)
You rocked my world (You rocked my world), you know you did
And everything I own I give (Girl, girl, girl)
The rarest love who'd think I'd find
Someone like you to call mine (Girl)
You rocked my world, you know you did (Oh)
And everything I own I give (You rocked my world)
The rarest love who'd think I'd find
Someone like you to call mine
You rocked my world (Oh), you know you did
And everything I own I give (To rock my world)
The rarest love who'd think I'd find
Someone like you to call mine♪

[Verse 3]
♪And girl, I know that this is love
I feel the magic all in the air
And girl, I'll never get enough
That's why I always have to have you here, hoo♪

"Aww, my king." As she stops me by hugging and giving me multiple kisses.

I embrace them all as I notice that there were no more sad tears on her face. I then pull away.

She asks, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just. I've been meaning to ask you something for a looong time."

"What is it, baby? Ask me anything?"

"Before I do, I need you to understand this one thing."

"What is that you want me to understand."

"Gretchen."

"What?"

"I love you more than life itself. I love you more than air, water, the earth. You are my Luna, my butterfly. I want to be yours until the end of time." I say as I get down on one knee and pull out a ring case. Gretchen's eyes widen as I pull it out. Her hands were over her face conceal her tears of joy.

"Oh, my god. Tyler what is this?"

I Pop open the ring and say.

"Gretchen Wieners, will you marry me?"

"YES! Of course, I'll marry you!" She says as we hug so hard that we keel over and fall on the grass.