The Beach

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
@FunkyLittleBisexual hope you win🙃
CLARY POV
I was walking home from school with Izzy, Maia, Simon and Jace. There were boxes and a moving truck outside of Melody's house. Melody comes out with a box from inside the house. "Melody? What's going on?" I ask. Melody smiles at me as she puts down the box.
      "Well, someone broke into my house and stole something very dear to me," Melody says.
      "What?" I ask in shock.
      "Don't worry, I put a gps on it. I know exactly where it is, but now that I know that my house is no longer safe, I must leave it. I hope you understand?" Melody says. She gives me the big book she used to teach us everything we know about mermaids. "All your questions answers will be right here, I already know all the lessons by heart, so I don't need it anymore, but you do," Melody says.
    "So, you're going after the thief?" Izzy asks. "You won't come back?" Melody smiles at us sadly.
      "You were all amazing students, but I have been wanting to try and go back to looking young, I loved being able to act like a teenager, and I think it's time I get to do that again, and since everyone here knows me as a fifty year old woman, it won't really be an easy switch," she says with a laugh. "I'll come visit every once in a while, just promise me you'll take care of yourselves?" Melody asks. I look up at Jace and smile.
     "I think we can promise that," I say as I lean into Jace, resting my head on his forearm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    We all went to the beach and just walked around it, laughing and talking.
    "I'm really gonna miss Melody," Izzy sighs as she kicks a rock into the ocean.
      "Yup, best teacher I ever had," Maia adds.
       "Hey! I taught you how to be a geek!" Simon says.
       "Sorry Si, Melody beats you," Maia says with a giggle. We then mindlessly climb up a big boulder that was in the middle of our path. I sit down with Jace and the others follow quickly. I sigh as I look at the horizon of the ocean, the waves crashing down into the sand, tumbling farther up. The sky was a mixture of pink, blue and pastel purple. I lean into Jace's shoulder. When I was first turned into a mermaid, I thought my life was over. That there was no way I could hide everything from everyone. But now, I have allies, and I have Jace. I'm so grateful  for all of them. And for the first time since I got turned, I feel like everything will be ok. I smile peacefully. All of a sudden a huge wave crashes down on the rock we were sitting in, turning everyone into a merman or mermaid except Simon. We all look at each other. Then Simon bursts out laughing, creating a domino effect. Suddenly we were all laughing. Yup, we're gonna be just fine.

AND TA DAAAAA!

I hope you liked this story! I certainly did! I'm also really sorry it took so much time to publish this, 🙈

But now....

Cindermechanic13

The time has come...

The next book I will be continuing is Life after Forgiveness!