Ch 1: First Day

Karian Kimura groaned as his alarm went off. It was his first day of high school at UA. Any other student probably couldn't contain their excitement and had been up for hours, if they slept at all. Not Karian. He couldn't care less about this. He got in under recommendation and he didn't even want to attend. Karian forced himself out of bed and pulled on some training clothes. The sun wasn't even up yet.  He had training with his dad first thing in the morning. He pulled on his shoes. He couldn't be late. It would only make things worse.

...

...

After training Karian stood in the shower breathing heavily. The water was ice cold as he rained down on his sore body.  He should have known his father wouldn't care that he started school today. He got out and caught sight of himself in the mirror. Dark bruises littered his chest and back. His body covered in old scars from the years of 'training'. He shook his head. He slipped metal bands onto his arms. Seven, inch wide bands, starting from up on his bicep and going down to his wrist on either arm. They were seamless. He wore them because of his quirk. They made him feel more secure and safe. His father never allowed him to wear them during 'training' because of how powerful Karian's quirk was. His father barely accepted Karian's piercings. Which he had many. Both ears all the way up, left side of his bottom lip, labret, tongue, and more below his clothes. 

Karian pulled on his school uniform and then his heavy metal inlaid boots. He ran a hand through his purple-blue hair. He grabbed his bag. He walked towards the front door and almost got knocked over by his two younger siblings. 

"Morning Nii-san!" The twins called out. They stopped and looked at him with large smiles. 

"Good morning, Saito. Yukine." Karian said to the two. They were fraternal twins, a boy and girl. They were only eight. 

"You start at UA today right?" Yukine asked. 

"Yea, you're going to be a hero right?" Saito asked. 

"Yes today is my first day," Karian said. "And we will see."

"Nii-san is so cool," Yukine said. 

"Yea, we have to tell all our friends that Nii-san is going to UA," Saito grinned. 

"Go grab your things," Karian said. "Your bus will be here soon." 

"Yes Nii-san!" They called and ran off giggling. Karian sighed and continued to get ready. Soon he walked to twins out the door and made sure they got on the bus. "Bye Nii-San! Bye Otou-san!" They called as they got on. Karian waved at the two. He felt his father's presence behind him. 

"Make me proud today Karian," Kenji Kimura said. 

"It's just the first day." Karian said. "I doubt there will be much going on." Karian stumbled forward a couple steps as Kenji struck him between the shoulder blades on top of another bruise. Karian gasped but other than that showed no pain. 

"I don't care," Kenji growled. "You find someway to show you're the best. You are only there to become the next greatest hero. You will make our dream a reality."

"Yes sir," Karian said as he began to walk. His body was racked with pain and movement made it worse, but he had no choice. Plus there was no way in hell he wanted to stay home. 

Fuck he hated his life. Constant pain. Constant yelling. Constant degrading. He was never strong enough. Fast enough. Anything enough. If he got anything wrong he got punished. He shivered thinking about his father's punishments. Many times he thought about running away. Or killing himself. But there were two reasons he did not. Two precious innocent reasons.