Chapter Thirteen: Victories Shattered

We both pulled away from the kiss, looking into each other's eyes with confusion. I broke eye contact and sat back down with Niall.

"I'm tired." Louis whined.

"Me too." the other boys agreed, and started to head for their bunks.

I slipped into the bathroom to wash my face, squirting the orange gel into my hands and applying it to my face with water. When I was done, I grabbed the towel next to me and dried my now clean face. I checked the mirror and almost had a heart attack. Harry was standing right behind me.

"What are you doing? You gave me a heart attack!" I whispered. I was still really angry with him. There's no way that I like him. Even if there were fireworks.

"Come on, Jess. I know you felt it too. That kiss was awesome."

"I don't know what you're talking about. You must be drunk."

"Jess, I didn't even drink a whole cup. I can't have a hangover tomorrow, we have rehearsals."

"I can't deal with this right now. I love Niall. Sorry," I walked around him and climbed into my bottom bunk. I could hear Niall's soft snores above me, telling me he was fast asleep.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but Harry's face kept popping up in my head.

"If you really loved him, then why was our kiss so amazing?" Harry's husky voice whispered in my ear.

I flinched, but pretended to sleep, and finally I heard him walk away.

How did my life spin out of control so quickly?

---

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know... You don't know you're beautiful!" Harry sang his solo during the boy's rehearsal the next day with his eyes on me, sitting in the front row by myself.

I ignored him and gave Niall, who was flawlessly playing the guitar, a thumbs up. I decided that avoiding Harry would be smart for now. I just needed some time to figure out how to deal with him.

The boys finished the song and were given a ten minute break. Niall rushed over to me.

"Hi babe!" he said, pecking my cheek.

"Hi! You guys are so good! Especially you," I winked.

"Thanks," he laughed. "So what's up?"

"Nothing, really. I'm upset that the tour's almost over. It's been so much fun."

"Me too. But are you feeling ok? You've been acting weird all day."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

I couldn't tell him about what happened with Harry. I mean, he knew we kissed, but he didn't know the feelings behind it. And he isn't going to, because there aren't any feelings. Are there?

"Hey Jess, can I talk to you for a second?" Harry called from behind Niall.

He knew I had to say yes, otherwise it would look suspicious to Niall and the other boys. Stupid Harry.

"What do you want?" I said, walking over to him.

"Can I show you something really quick? It's in my dressing room."

"Fine, but make it quick." I followed him to the room.

"What did you want to show me?"

"Erm, well..." he started.

"I knew it. Bye, Harry."

I turned to leave the room, but he grabbed my arm and spun me around, causing my lips to meet his in another kiss.

The good news? No fireworks! I guess it was probably just the alcohol and the awkwardness of the situation.

The bad news? When I broke away from the kiss with a victorious smile on my face and turned to leave the room, there was somebody in the doorway.

Niall looked completely crushed, and ran away before either of us could explain.

So much for fixing everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Happy I updated?

I just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all of you who have read this! It has 2,648 reads! When I started writing it, I never imagined so many people would read and like it, so thank you sooooooo much for reading and voting and fanning and commenting!

As always, feel free to vote and especially leave comments! I love to read what you think about the story, and will try to reply!

Also, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY HARRY FANFIC! I just started it, and so far I think it's pretty good! Let me know what you think! It's called "A Grande Iced Coffee" !

Thanks for reading, and everything else! Bye! xx