Chapter Eighteen: Confessions

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I responded coldly.

"I don't think that's true." He said, his Irish accent ringing in my ears.

"Oh yeah? What's my favorite color?" I challenged him, stepping out of the booth so we could talk face to face instead of between glass.

"Green. How could I forget that?" I instantly regretted leaving the booth. Out here I was way more vulnerable.

"People change." I shrugged and went to sit on the couch. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I came to get my phone," he waved it in the air to show me, "I accidentally left it in here."

"How could you leave it? All you did today was play on it." That came out a bit more harsh than I meant it to.

"What you were singing, is that really how you feel?" he asked shyly.

"Kind of." I whispered.

"Jess, we really need to talk." He sighed, changing the subject and joining me on the couch.

"About what?"

"You know what. I'm so, so, so stupid and sorry. I never thought you would actually... leave. And I should have listened to you. Harry even admitted it was stupid of him."

"Yeah, it was. When they were telling you what happened, did Liam mention that I wanted to basically kill Harry?"

"Uh, yeah. He might have mentioned that." He admitted sheepishly. "But that's not really the point. I know this is a lot to ask, but don't you feel like its destiny? Like, us meeting up again, like this, the world wants to give us another chance. I really want another chance. Can we forget everything, and start over?" he pleaded.

"I can't. I can't forget everything. As much as I want to, it's not going to happen. I'm sorry. But we can be friends?" I asked.

"Are you sure about that?" he whispered, suddenly only centimeters away. Kissing distance.

"Niall, I have to tell you something." I said.

"Jess, nothing you can say will make me change my mind. I love you, I've never stopped." he admitted, his bright blue eyes looking into my brown ones.

"I-I have a boyfriend." 

"Oh." He said, quickly backing away. "Sorry."

"Yeah...uh, it's okay." I responded awkwardly.

"Well, I'm not giving up. I'll fight for you."

"Please don't. I'm really not worth it. I'm sure there's somebody out there for you that's a million times better than I am."

"You don't get it, do you?" he said, standing up.

"Get what?" I asked.

"You're my princess. And you can't get rid of me that easy." he winked and opened the door. "See you tomorrow, Jess."

And with that he left me with my thoughts. It had only taken ten minutes, and this boy was already breaking down my walls.

Tomorrow should be pretty interesting.