Part Thirty Four

Overlooking view..

Bright lights from houses and street lights..

Echoing silence..

The coldness of the wind tingling on our skin..

Her arms wrapped around me..

Just the two of us.

Peace.

Perfect.

Bea and I are here in our usual place. A place in Antipolo where we spend time with each other away from people's judgemental eyes.

Pumupunta kami dito to spend an hour or so after her training.

I looked at Bea, who I am leaning to. Her right hand is around me while her left is on the ground supporting our weight.

"Baby..."

She looked at me. "Hm?"

"What are you thinking? You are unusually quiet." I whispered.

She's been like that since we arrive here and that's very very unusual. She just shook her head and smiled a little bit.

I faced her and caressed her cheeks. Napapikit naman siya.

"What's up, love? Tell me." I pushed.

"Wala naman.. pagod lang siguro." She said.

I didn't bite the reason but I let it go and started to massage her temple.

"Tough day at training?"

She looked at me and nodded. "Yeah."

Silence.

"Let's go na ba? It's getting late na rin." She then said.

Tinitigan ko muna siya before agreeing. This is a first. For the past week, we've been 'hiding' here, laging ako ang nagyaya pag uuwi na.

She helped me to stand up and I just watched her fix our things- the cloth and food we brought.

Pagkababa niya ng trunk ng kanyang sasakyan where she put our things, she turned to me.

"Sakay ka na." She's telling me na sumakay na sa sasakyan ko. We bring separate cars kasi para hindi na niya ako ihatid sa condo.

It will be safer so no would notice us and para hindi na rin mapagod si Bea.

I didn't move and just stared at her. I know there's something wrong but why wouldn't she tell me?

"Why?" She asked.

I sighed and went closer towards her. I held her by her waist and stared on her eyes.

"Are you really okay?" I asked again.

She smiled and fixed the strands of my hair. "Yeah. Go home safely ah."

I nodded and gave a her a long and deep kiss. "I love you." I mumbled.

When we let go, I hugged her tightly. Hinalikan naman niya ako sa noo which always reassures me that she loves me.

She walked me to my car and opened the door for me. "Drive safely, love."

I turned to her for the last time and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Ikaw din. Text me when you get home."

Sumakay na ako sa sasakyan ko and went off. I looked at my side mirror and I saw her leaning on her car, on deep thoughts.

What's up with her?

After a few moments, nakarating na rin ako sa condo. Nadatnan ko si Jaja sa sala na gumagawa ng homeworks niya.